mscripts™ is a fast growing mobile health start-up with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. We provide pharmacies and other health and wellness organizations with mobile solutions delivered in a Software as a Service (“SaaS”) model. We’re growing rapidly and have over 1,000,000 active users of our service across 15 pharmacy chains. In addition, we work with pharmacies, pharmaceuticals and other stakeholders to address the problem of medication non-adherence. Our products consist of a mixture of large enterprise and transactional systems, data management systems, and mobile technology.
mscripts™ is currently seeking a Data Scientist to conduct research on our growing mobile health data set and produce real time analytics dashboard and publishable research findings. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in the exciting and expanding field of mHealth, excellent writing skills, and the ability to combine analytics with business acumen to provide insights. The Data Scientist will work with the mscripts executive team and major national retailers to identify trends and analyze customer behavior.
- Perform data mining, analysis and reporting to support product, research, sales, market intelligences, and management teams.
- Evaluate platform infrastructure and recommend best practices and solutions in big data analytics.
- Design, develop, and administer reports, dashboards and reporting portals
- Develop real-time data analytics and visualization with modern web technologies.
- Perform various statistical analyses using data drawn from diverse sources to map and identify genuine trends and relationships.
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of models and prediction engines into existing products/platforms.
- Identify data quality and consistency issues and work with distributed teams to improve data collection and processing
- Provide reporting to the mscripts™ team using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Develop insights into mscripts mobile pharmacy platform performance and present conclusions that will inform business decisions.
- Produce white paper(s) by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing statistical information utilizing trends.
- Produce conclusions to be used in press and industry analyst outreach.
- Strong understanding of quantitative analysis and technology and experience querying large, complex data sets.
- 3+ years working experience with strong analytical and problem-solving skills involving data mining algorithms including predictive modeling, multivariate modeling, Bayesian analysis, Decision Trees, Boosting, Random Forests, probability networks, clustering, regression, etc.
- Strong experience with Relational database (MySQL) and NoSQL technology stack with high-volume real-time data processing.
- Experience with Big Data platforms e.g. Hadoop, HDFS is a plus.
- Ability to execute research projects and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Biostatistics experience a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to create original content with a desire to investigate ideas and draw conclusions.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.