Momentum Design Lab is a premier User Experience-focused software design and development firm serving clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging growth companies and startups. Past clients include Facebook, Intuit, VMWare and Adobe.
The Senior Software Engineer position is a full time software engineering position that will develop business applications and fix defects. A Senior Developer is highly skilled in software development technologies and has exceptional software process, communication and mentoring skills.
A Senior Developer is strong algorithmically and can solve advanced problems involving a variety of data structures and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in a formal Agile software development environment and proven track-record of successful solutions development.
- Experience as software architect designing complex software systems and infrastructure; conversant with UML and database design diagrams.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving code level problems quickly.
- Ability to test and document code in accordance with coding standards and best practices.
- Ability to lead a team of developers and ensure correct and efficient project execution; experience mentoring and coaching team members to complete project objectives and foster a learning-centered environment.
- Ability to design and build new product enhancements based on customer requests, as well as the ability to work in a solution-oriented team environment to solve problems through collaboration and hands-on assistance.
- Ability to communicate with customers and other third parties to develop and define project requirements.
- Experience with the two or more of the following backend environments: C#/.NET, Java, php, ruby/RoR, nodejs.
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: Web Services, REST APIs, XML, HTML5/CSS3.
- Experience building and maintaining real-world web applications.
- Experience deriving technical design from business or customer needs.
- Experience working with a team to divide work and accomplish goals.
- Experience with ORM's (e.g., Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience implementing the following concepts:
REST principles and correct HTTP behavior
Object Relational Mapping
Object Oriented Programing
Proper use of source control
Automated builds and deployment
MVC design patterns
- Experience with No SQL and SQL
- Experience with Solr/Lucene
- Experience with native and mobile containers (Phone Gap)
- Experience with Qt.
- Experience with UML
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to work on a variety of projects with various clients, industries, and technologies
- Occasional travel
- Casual and fun work environment
- Health benefits and generous vacation
- Competitive salary; compensation DOE
Applications without a resume will not be considered.