Mobile Defense is a passionate company that values creativity, intelligence, and teamwork. We hire smart, well-rounded people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. We are always looking for talented people to add to our team.
All current positions are based out of our Cleveland, Ohio offices. Local applicants and those willing to relocate are preferred. However, exceptions will be made for outstanding candidates.
Mobile Defense considers all applicants for available positions without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, physical ability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
Why Mobile Defense?
- Work with smart, passionate people on interesting and challenging problems
- Enjoy a fun startup environment with no bureaucracy
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental, 401K matching, and performance rewards
- Fitness membership, Internet, and mobile phone subsidy
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing is ingrained in our culture
- We provide education reimbursements for certifications and degrees
- Free food and drinks, 28" widescreen monitors, and nice furniture
- Work on meaningful technology that helps keep millions of people around the world safe
- Mobile Defense has won several awards, including Best Security App for the Android platform and has been featured in online publications, such as PC World, CNET, MobileCrunch, and PC Magazine.
Mobile Defense is pioneering new architectures and deployment strategies to scale petabytes of data and build fully automated environments.
We are looking for an Operations Engineer to help us with DevOps to maintain and expand our cloud infrastructure, currently serving millions of users. Candidates must have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with software engineering to design robust, scalable server infrastructure
- Monitoring the performance and uptime of applications and underlying systems
- Managing and scaling infrastructure as the company grows and evolves
- Discovering and implementing ways to improve operational practices and procedures
We need you to have:
- Interest in learning new technologies quickly
- Unix or Linux systems experience
- Experience building and managing enterprise level infrastructures
- Passion for systems automation and high scalability
- Experience working with configuration management tools (e.g., Chef and Puppet)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Flexibility with changing job responsibilities and requirements
- Exceptional collaborative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at a time
We hope you have:
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- Experience with Git for version control