Junior IT Admin
Vancouver, BC, Canada | Product
Mobify is looking for an Junior IT Admin with Linux, Mac, and networking experience to assist in managing our networking and core infrastructure. You will work on projects relating to office infrastructure, security and provisioning.
This is a great opportunity if you're interested in working with a top notch technical team in a rapidly changing environment. You'll be surrounded by tech-heads in a workplace where even non-technical teams use Github and program in python.
- Work with IT and core systems capabilities & availability
- capability & capacity planning
- Manage vendor relationships
- Help plan and build our network topology including wireless infrastructure and VoIP
- Maintain and monitor Mobify's infrastructure
- Deliver tooling & automation to eliminate routine administrative activities
- Provide support to team members with systems or networking problems
- Previous experience performing system administrator responsibilities
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or a Diploma in Systems Administration
- Held a position where you were directly responsible for:
- systems & networking availability
- selecting vendors for core services
- managing vendor relations
- Love Linux/UNIX environments, and have an understanding of common web-stack technologies, server configurations, and virtualization environments
- You are comfortable with the command line interface
- Have experience working with Open Source projects
- Have intermediate or better programming skills in a high level language such as shell scripts or Python
- Are familiar with OS X environments
- Have a strong background in networking and experience implementing and maintaining network security and management services
- Know how to isolate problems in complex systems, and successfully resolve them
- Are motivated, learn quickly and know how to ask the right questions
- Have the ability to manage several projects while attending to requests of other team members, and you can manage your time accordingly
- Can prioritize projects & activities
- Have strong teamwork and communications skills
Mobify is an open platform to adapt any website for mobile devices: smartphones, tablets and more. We help businesses solve the complex design and performance challenges of today's multi-screen web by providing tools and APIs for launching fast, responsive websites.
Mobify is used by leading Fortune 500 companies and drives hundreds of millions of dollars in mobile revenue. Our global customers include Starbucks, BT, Siemens, Expedia, Beyond the Rack, and hundreds more.