M-GO is dedicated to making it easier to watch and enjoy movies and TV shows, by doing things a little differently. Ok. We want to evolve it. Unlike others who are content with defining the customer experience. We seek to reverse-engineer the norm. People aren’t fully satisfied with the current options in the marketplace that were created first with what’s easiest for the company. Instead, we are focused on creating the kind of company that is focused on what’s best for consumers.
Looking for a collaborative, fast paced, inspirational environment where the team strives for excellence?
Then look no further, M-GO is your kind of company. We have a diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and foster open communication to support employee ideas and facilitate them through to fruition.
Right now we are looking for a Director, User Experience to join our Product Team. This position will be primarily concerned with providing strategic leadership for the delivery of design and research deliverables.
Our ideal Director, User Experience should have strong experience in:
- Provide thought leadership and unifying vision for the user experience team. Articulate the return on investment and prioritize proposed usability tests/fixes accordingly.
- Shepherding the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and lead planning for project timelines and schedules.
- Partnering with functional team leaders across the team and company. Translate requirements across different customer touch points and business lines to create differentiated design solutions.
- Building credibility of the UX team by collaborating with UX designers, R&D leadership, developers, and other business stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Playing an instrumental role in the development of the overall project schedule and ensure that all related project plans are completed by the various plan owners to meet quality, functionality and time-to-market requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate communication of project status, deliverables, and features between disciplines within the project and to departments external to the development.
- Coordinating and participate in specification reviews, design reviews, and other quality assurance best practices ensuring user experience integrity.
- Hiring, leading, mentoring, and managing an experienced UX design team responsible for delivering customer experiences.
- Establishing and managing relationships with external UX design agencies as needed for supplemental capacity or as needed to execute priority projects.
We also require candidates for the position to have:
- Bachelors degree in Design or related field, or equivalent experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating a proven track record of design and shipping best of breed user experiences.
- A deep understanding and awareness of product development lifecycles, preferably 5+ years in a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in managing UX professionals.
- Advanced degree or equivalent industry experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Behavioral Science, Design or related disciplines.
- Experience with on-line systems, electronic commerce, and digital media.
- Proven track record of turning research results into actionable design and development requirements resulting in increased user satisfaction.
- Proven ability to work efficiency and successfully within an agile product development environment
- Must be organized, self-driven and able to work under tight deadlines and changing requirements
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated product knowledge and basic technical knowledge, with a focus on the e-commerce & media.
- Experience in presenting to other team members, partners and executive management.
- Experience in writing product specifications, release notes, or other technical documentation.
- A communication style that is open to feedback yet able to defend design choices. Ability to interact effectively with product teams of all levels from entry level developers to VPs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate forward progress on project and to further our company's cultural objectives.
Who are the people behind M-GO?
M-GO was created by people who love entertainment and for those who love being entertained. We’ve attracted talent from the world’s leading entertainment and technology companies; like Apple, HP, Verizon, DreamWorks Animation, Fandango, and more. M-GO is partnered with Hollywood’s major studios. We are a joint venture of Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. Only M-GO has harnessed the premium content, industry relationships, brand-building prowess, and technology innovation to redefine today’s entertainment on the viewer’s terms.
So if you are the kind of individual that wants to be mission critical and leave your fingerprints on a powerful new media service....than we want to hear from you today!
M-GO is an EOE M/F/D/V
(note: M-GO does not work with 3rd Party Recruiters/Staffing Firms)