NOC Technician-Central Office Tech 1307231
NOC Technician will be required to answer phones, enter orders, and perform basic troubleshooting with the customer.
- Trouble isolate network configurations
- Trouble isolate network equipment (ATM/Frame Relay/Metro E/SONET)
- Equipment vendor knowledge (Cisco/Anymedia/Calix/Catena/Adtran/Actelis/Nortel/Fujitsu)
- Track trouble reports
- Call center environment – customer contact
- Understanding of xDSL technologies
- Knowledge of IP protocols (BGP/MPLS/VPN)
- Hardware trouble isolation and referral for vendor support
- Assist Engineering in design of current and future data networks/monitoring/testing platforms.
- Assist with implementation of new products
- Dispatch field technicians and managing workload to ensure objectives met
- Understanding of DS0, T1, DS3, SONET technologies
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings, and work overtime
- Minimum 2+ years experience in data environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of and practical experience in the use of ATM, Frame Relay, DSL technologies, and their related network designs
- Applicant should have experience in the provisioning and support of Voice related services such as Voice Mail, Operator Services, and directory assistance
- Written, oral and presentation skills are critical to the position. This position interacts with regional engineers, shared services and local field personnel on a daily basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Scripting/Programming skills are a plus
Must be available to work in Virginia/Mid-West area
Recommended Certifications: Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)