This role manages life cycle product planning activities and the high quality timely delivery of new products, enhancements, and releases to market. This full-time position is primarily a technical role working with a team of Developers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance testers and operational support staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform market research for new and existing products and matrix competitive features, functions and pricing
- Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups, and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients, Sales and Referral Partners (Integrators and Dealers) on current and future product enhancements
- Works with Manager to define product roadmap to meet market requirements in support of product line strategy by considering position in life cycle, product profitability, pricing strategies, client satisfaction, and sales success rate.
- Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs, and retirement plans.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Manage product sunset strategy as needed to meet company’s strategic goals and industry mandates
- Document initial high-level business requirements (BRD) for projects which will include details on which product, peripherals, payment types, reporting (etc.) are necessary to meet the market demand
- Document technical requirements to ensure product meets established objective.
- Work with Executive team and Managers to compile and document interdepartmental impacts and required changes to ensure the product is launched in an organized manner and is operationally scalable
- Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery, and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps. Monitor projects and escalate challenges through Executive Manager
- Assists with managing vendor relationships key to product delivery.
- Collaborate with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
- Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement, and monitoring progress. Determines success criteria and recommends "go / no go" decision.
- Acts as escalation point for client issues requiring product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process).
- Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
- Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
- Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings, and internal group meetings.
- Perform and facilitate knowledge transfer and training assistance
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 year as a product manager, or perhaps project manager or other directly relevant experience.
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management, planning skills and long-term vision
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
- Two or more years working experience with POS credit card terminals
- Working experience and in-depth knowledge of terminal download systems include file structures – VeriCentre, TermMaster, NCC, BroadPOS
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Customer service skills, understanding and focusing on clients' needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail, and must be resourceful
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Requires negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Work, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field/discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for specific job level