Applications Support Lead/Manager
Location: Los Angeles or SF Bay Area
MarketShare Named One of LA's 10 Hottest Start-ups by Inc.
Marketshare is growing and looking for an extraordinary Application Support Lead to join our team.
In this role you will run along the cutting edge with an all-star lineup of experts in computer science, software engineering, marketing science, operation research and marketing strategy. You will lead, prioritize, evangelize, and ship the next generation of SaaS products to an under penetrated market that is yielding 10X return on investment for the Marketers.
The specific mission is to build the most sophisticated analytical engine that delivers a user equalizing product experience that puts actionable insights front and center while keeping the complexity completely behind the curtain. Are you are ready to be challenged every day in spite of mastering the craft of product building? Are you are willing to listen to the end user and iteratively entice them? Meet us at the crossroads of Mad Men, Math, and Scientific Computing and help us blaze the marketing analytics trail.
What you'll be doing:
- Scaling our Application, UI, and Data team support infrastructure
- Growing and developing a team to 24/7 coverage
- Responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of reliable, cost effective Analytical Applications in a hosted environment
- Get up close and personal with customer requirements and design solutions which go beyond traditional BI solutions
- Works with Project Managers and Business Owners to plan and prepare for new projects
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that promotes a high level of personal commitment and accountability and a continued focus on quality and efficiency
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new Analytics
- Identifies and promotes best practices and patterns for solution design implementation and all activities related to development, support and maintenance
- Identify and promote best practices and patterns for the setup, configuration and management including databases, servers, and network and storage systems
- Increase team output through innovation and focus, and deliver relevant, scalable, innovative products, concept to successful implementation while going Mach III with your hair on fire
Skills, Talents, Experience you'll need:
(We are very interested in hearing about your experience specifically with developing and supporing enterprise Saas based predictive analytics products)
- Experience in developing and supporting Software as a Services (SaaS) systems
- Application Development and Support using Java, J2EE and Object oriented design and programming
- Strong design and coding skills with experience in web technologies: Java, Grails, Hibernate, Spring, Ruby, Perl, C++, AJAX, JSP, Web Services, XML, SOAP, PHP, SOA frameworks, HTTP(s) & JMS protocols, CSS, XHTML, Linux, Apache
- Understanding of the behavioral differences of at least two major databases ( Mysql, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, DB2)
- Experience in developing Application strategy – requirements gathering, identification of customer needs, data and technical architecture definition etc.
- Experience of Change management, Incident management, Problem Management in a corporate environment required
- Experience with requirements, analysis, design, development and maintenance, reporting tools, industry standard application monitoring/instrumentation tools
- Training is critical part of Implementation process; Experience preparing and delivering effective training to end users will be put to good use.
- Bachelors Degree, with 8-12 years of experience developing systems and software for enterprise software
- A good team player, high level of personal commitment & 'can do' attitude while managing and mentoring your team
- Strong communication skill with all stakeholders, which includes interaction within the team & with senior management
- Proactive problem solving approach. Prevent fires rather than always putting them out
- Flexibility in response to work requirements and willingness to assume "on call" responsibilities
- Full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems
Voted one of the Top Ten Startups in Los Angeles, CA
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and deliver unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
Our Saas offerings capitalize on use of big analytics on big data to help Fortune 500 companies optimize their advertising and marketing spend. Our goal is to deliver innovative and intuitive user experience for brand marketers to make better budget allocation decisions on a day to day basis. We have created an advanced predictive analytics big data platform on the cloud that crunches large volumes of data, builds and applies models to allow the marketers to run what-if scenarios on real life budget allocation situations and get a recommendation on better allocation.
MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare employees with unsolicited resumes.