Machine Zone’s platform group is creating the next generation communication platform where players from around the world communicate seamlessly in real-time and across languages. We are looking for talented engineers who can share this passion and have the can-do attitude to bring these efforts to fruition.
- Improve the quality of cross-language machine translation by creating in-house NLP tools and services – thousands of chats from players across the world at your disposal
- Work on creating in-house ASR and TTS systems, or using commercial SDK’s
- Design, implement and integrate a speech system that streams and processes audio data at real-time speeds
- Create conversational agents and dialog systems
- Work on language understanding systems that will drive player engagement
- Maintain and improve the existing crowdsourcing platform
- Writing libraries that could be packaged, installed and used
- Maintain existing in-house tools and code. Optimize for speed and efficiency
- Masters degree in Computer Science or higher
- 3 years of professional experience after graduate studies
- Technical skill toolbelt should include software development experience in C/C++. Scripting abilities in PHP/Lua and Perl/Python. Writing SQL queries, and experience using *nix systems, open source software and libraries
- Have 4+ years of experience working in Natural Language Processing (NLP) especially in Machine Translation or Speech Recognition - either at the graduate degree level or professionally
- Experience in Text normalization and text processing. Experience writing NLP tools such as Named entity recognizers, Parsers, and Spell checkers.
- Experience with Speech Recognition (ASR and TTS). Must have worked with tools like HTK/Sphinx, improving WER, and working across accents
- Experience with internationalization, validation techniques, and using statistical techniques in decision making
- Experience with crowdsourcing solutions and associated automation
- Experience creating API’s, interfacing existing software, and writing libraries
- Experience improving efficiency of code keeping performance factors in consideration. Writing design specifications, unit tests, maintaining documentation and performing code reviews
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience or a PhD in applied NLP tracks (MT, ASR)
- Experience with Natural language Dialog processing and creating conversation agents
- Experience working on machine translation for Asian Languages such as Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- Open source contributor to NLP libraries or software.
- Experience in applied Machine Learning. Hands on experience with ML toolkits like R/Weka.
- Experience in the gaming industry, preferably MMORPG’s
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at [[redacted]].
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and flexible vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.