The Sr. Network Security Engineer is a key member of the Engineering team and reports into the CTO/Co-founder. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, in-depth knowledge of networks and systems, and experience with a variety of security technologies. You will be focused on evaluating, implementing and operating cutting-edge security technology to improve the overall security posture of the company.
- Implement and manage security vendor technologies that provide detective and preventative capabilities including: Vulnerability scanners, endpoint security, intrusion detection, SSL VPN network forensics, content detonation, network and application firewalling, change detection, and Security Event Management.
- Design, engineer, implement and operate firewalls supporting a high volume, high transaction rate web site.
- Employ technologies and refine strategy to detect and mitigate Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
- Tune and update signatures and rules for Web Applications Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, DoS mitigation tools, monitoring tools and capacity planning tools.
- Perform discovery and vulnerability scans on networks and validate findings.
- Perform configuration reviews on network devices and production systems and suggest potential remediation guidelines for any discovered issues.
- Assist in technical investigation of security related events.
- Troubleshoot problems and respond to alerts.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in information security.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX
- Experience with financial or sensitive applications and web services-based applications, especially at massive scale.
- Extensive experience administrating routing and switching technologies.
- Experience engineering security technology solutions into carrier-class and enterprise grade networks.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP stack and proficient with tcpdump or other network analysis tools
- Experienced with http protocol
- Proficient in bash, python for automation
- Understanding of network and web-based application attacks and experience creating rules in the technologies that detect and prevent them, including false positive reduction.
- Demonstrable skills in identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities in operating systems and web applications.
- Good knowledge of industry suggested network device and system-level hardening best practices.
- Solid understanding of web services architecture and commonly employed technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for department projects and initiatives.
Refer a Friend:
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referral<at>machinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age, iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.