Technical Project Manager
Portland, OR | Services
Janrain, the leader in online User Management solutions, is growing its Operations team and seeking a Technical Project Manager to add further potential to our already accelerated growth. Fueled by expanding social networks and the desire for websites to tap these vast online communities, the Janrain team has plenty of opportunity and is adding operational professionals with the track record and desire to contribute to building a world-class SaaS company.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising early stage growth company with products and services that enable websites to enhance user engagement. Our flagship product, Janrain Engage, provides social login and sharing. Using Janrain Engage, organizations are able to register and login site visitors with their existing credentials from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo!, Twitter, PayPal or other accounts. Through this process, the site is able to import rich user profile data and address books, as well as encourage the user to share their on-site activities with their social networks to drive qualified referral traffic. Additional Janrain products provide a complete user management solution that include single sign on across multiple web properties and social CRM to store user data and activities.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical project management experience in the consulting, IT and/or application software field. Prior experience with project definition, requirements gathering and documentation, as well as demonstrated leadership in the execution of highly complex solutions is desired. This person will ‘delight’ our customers by demonstrating deep technical understanding of our company’s solution portfolio through project leadership of their implementation. You will be working with a variety of clients on cutting edge projects and will be empowered to provide creative solutions that will impact their social media strategy and results. This position will require that you have a strong mix of business and technical expertise, and we will provide opportunity to expand your current skill sets.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to clearly articulate how Janrain solutions will address a prospects specific use case, and why our product is best on the market when compared to competitors
- Analyzes user requirements and success criteria to ensure you understand and customer realizes ROI for their Janrain solution
- Facilitate all implementation related meetings, both internal and external, as they relate the successful deployment of customers
- Build strong relationships within and among constituencies
- Provide tools for sharing information with our clients’
- Manage and deliver multiple concurrent customer deployments, using formal scheduling and project management methodologies
- Develop and document process implementation Best Practices for internal and customer use
- Provide customer insights on customer generated new feature requests to Product Management
- Host technical discussions and/or requirements gathering sessions customer implementation team as necessary to design custom solutions
- Successfully manages customers through proof of concept trials and post-sales implementations
- Maintain multiple customer schedules and meetings (meeting notes and action item logs/tracking)
- Work closely with internal departments to develop and maintain systems process documentation and training
- Provide overall support to sales for various inquiries
- Work cross-functionally on special projects as needed
- Responsible for the seamless knowledge transfer of new customers from the sales cycle to our deployment and customer support teams
- Proven project/program experience in the IT/Software field
- PMP Certification preferred
- 3 to 5 years in a professional consulting, e-business, online marketing, or similar environment
Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, life insurance and disability plans. We offer an exceptional working environment where foosball challenges and play are an everyday occurrence. A casual environment coupled with a clear mission makes for a rewarding place to work.
Portland, OR, US.
You must be authorized to work in the United States
No Relocation Reimbursements Offered
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter.