Software Quality Engineer
Portland, OR | Engineering
Janrain, the leader in user management solutions for the social web, has an immediate opening for a software quality engineer. If you like a fast paced start-up culture focused on leading edge technology then this could be the opportunity for you. The right candidate will have experience in testing web based applications from both a white and black box perspective. This position is open to recent graduates as well as seasoned veterans who want to make a difference at the place they work.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising early stage growth company with products and services that enable websites to gain significant benefits by enhancing their user engagement and measurement. The flagship product, Janrain Engage, allows organizations to register and login site visitors with their existing credentials from Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, Twitter, MySpace, AOL, Hotmail, Windows Live ID or other accounts. Through this process, the site is able to import rich user profile data and address books, as well as encourage the user to share their on-site activities with their social networks to drive additional traffic. Additional Janrain products and services provide customers with a complete user management solution, from registration to sharing, from custom ID solutions to user profile database solutions.
Janrain is a funded growing company, with great potential and plenty of opportunities. If you like a startup environment and culture and are not afraid of a little hard work this could be your dream job. Everyone contributes and every contribution makes a difference.
- Provide QA and test engineering services across all of Janrain's product lines.
- Development and execute test plans for all of Janrain's core products.
- Build out test automation and regression test scripts where applicable.
- Work closely with development team to identify, communicate and resolve issues as they are found.
- Participate in the release process to ensure stability and consistency of applications.
- Assist in the development of the procedures and practices that will continue to ensure that Janrain's products are of the highest quality and value in our unique marketplace.
- Minimum 2 years of test engineering experience on web based applications including functional, load, and performance testing.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans.
- Ability to configure complex systems for testing purposes.
- Familiarity with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Production level experience with automated testing tools and scripting languages
- mobile device test experience (iOS and Android)
- mobile device test automation/development (objective C, Java)
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, life insurance and disability plans.
- We offer an exceptional working environment where foosball challenges and play are an everyday occurrence.
- A casual environment coupled with a clear mission makes for a rewarding place to work.
Portland, OR, US.
You must be authorized to work in the United States
No Relocation Reimbursements Offered
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter.