Director Sales Operations
Portland, OR | Sales
Director, Sales Operations
Janrain, the leader in online User Management solutions, is growing its Sales and Customer Success teams and is seeking an experienced Director of Sales Operations to add further potential to our already accelerated growth. Fueled by expanding social networks and the desire for websites to tap these vast online communities, the Janrain team has plenty of opportunity and is adding professionals with the track record and desire to contribute to building a world-class SaaS company.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising growth company with products and services that enable websites to enhance user engagement, better understand visitors and finally target marketing efforts to the right customer, in every campaign. Our flagship product, Janrain Engage, provides social login and sharing. Using Janrain Engage, organizations are able to register and login site visitors with their existing credentials from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo!, Twitter, PayPal or other accounts. Through this process, the site is able to import rich user profile data and address books, as well as encourage the user to share their on-site activities and content discovered with others in their social networks to drive qualified referral traffic. Additional Janrain products provide a complete user management database solution that include single sign on across multiple web properties and social CRM to store user data and activities.
The Director of Sales Operations will be a key change agent in driving scalability for our sales teams with processes and systems designed for high volumes. This individual must be highly organized and detail oriented, and also have a data driven approach to the job. The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for leading and managing all Sales Operations, and positively impacting revenue growth through development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of sales and service programs supporting overall company initiatives. This person will be recognized as a leader in the identification and development of process improvement in reporting, analytics, forecasting, sales team development, order processing and reporting on key performance metrics.
Reports to: VP of Worldwide Sales
- Refine Janrain’s core sales processes and ensuring the implementation of those processes supported by tools like Salesforce.com and ensure effective analysis of sales force trends and performance in an effort identify greater efficiencies across the sales and support organizations. Familiarity with automation tools like Marketo would be a plus.
- Partner with the Sales leadership to further develop systems for Statements of Work, Requests for Proposals/ Information, and other complex proposal/ documentation
- Support the Sales organization with key reports, sales pipeline information and other analysis
- Develop sales enablement programs to drive growth, account penetration and customer acquisition and retention
- Lead and supervise the administration of Salesforce.com including the development of appropriate data hygiene practices, while adding improved functionality and business process to the system
- Lead, coordinate and continuously refine sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the sales organization
- Work collaboratively with marketing to manage sales tools, as well as touch-point programs
- Analyze sales processes and conversions and report on new and current trends to appropriate management/ leaders
- Admin the training program for all Sales Teams
- Gather customer, industry and market data to understand emerging sales challenges, opportunities, and needs
- Identify and develop key performance metrics and dashboards
- Manage order entry and related documentation tracking, including design of appropriate process which will connect necessary information throughout the company
- Participate in the design and implementation of Janrain compensation programs.
- Minimum 5+ years in senior management and/ or director capacity leading sales operations
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and/ or software experience strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen skills and general management awareness
- Demonstrated ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate results into actionable deliverables, messages and presentations
- Highly analytical, self-motivated and data/ metrics driven
- Proven experience in defining, refining and implementing sales processes, procedures and policies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to, motivate and inspire a diverse group of individuals, including senior management
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgment and independent decision making skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with prior training experience is a plus
- Experience working with management to set and achieve goals and assist in development and input of assumptions for forecasts and budget
- Strong understanding of Janrain’s products and services, the competitive landscape of the industry, and overall operations and translate into day to day decision making
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software required (Salesforce.com preferred)
Job Location: Portland, Oregon
Janrain offers a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, 401K, life insurance and disability plans.