For 15 years, InGenesis has provided export staff augmentation, human resources and management consulting services to corporate and government clients in a variety of industries. InGenesis is one of America's fastest-growing independent companies.
Excellent Compensation & Benefits
Rotating Shifts of 8 and 12 hr. shifts on week-ends (D/E/N)
Health and Welfare $3.59 ( Cash out option )
Base Rate : $ 27.90 ADN- $31.00 BSN
10 Paid Federal Holidays
3 weeks paid PTO per year
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initiates and maintains compliance with IHSC policies for accreditation
2. Provides direct nursing care to detainees
3. Obtains medical histories on detainees; referring medical problems to the physician, or mid level provider.
4. Evaluates health care needs of detainees and develops nursing care plans to meet those needs.
5. Provides triage and screening of detainees during sick call.
6. Identifies and mnages minor illnesses per established nursing protocols and refers other medical problems to the appropriate medical provider.
7. Provides group and individual health education to detainees.
8. Assists the medical provider with medical appointments by taking the detainees vital signsn documenting in the chart and assisting as necessary.
9. Ensures the medical providers orders are implemented in a timely manner
10. Ensures that medications prescribed are administered as ordered. When medication orders are signed off, initials are placed next to the order and circled.
11. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in administering medication.
12. Maintains security when administering medications continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees.
13. Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
14. Maintains accuracy of Sharps Log.
15. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
16. Documents all detainee encounters using S.O.A.P. format, followed by the nurses signature and name stamp.
17. Maintains patient and medical record confidentiality.
18. Performs or assists with of emergency treatment of injury or illness to detainees as required.
19. Performs orders authorized by the physician, nurse Practitioner, or NP/PA.
20. Provides nebulizer treatments; inserts indwelling urinary catheters; irrigates indwelling urinary catheters.
21. May prepare statistical information, regularly scheduled reports, or special reports as necessary.
22. Draws labs as requested and collects laboratory specimens.
23. Administers immunizations and reads and documents accordingly.
24. Attends general/medical staff meetings.
25. Coordinates health care needs of detainees with healthcare team and coordinates referrals to offsite providers as required.
26. Assures a safe and clean working environment.
27. Provides care for psychiatric patients as indicated.
28. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies.
29. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
30. Responsible for maintenance of medical equipment and quality control of laboratory reagents.
31. May serve as medical escort of detainees as needed for domestic/overseas travel.
32. Maintains medical supply stock level, restocking as needed. May order supplies (lab and other supplies).
33. Performs or designates other staff to dispose of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
34. May participate in QI Reviews/QA activities.
35. Provides daily nursing care as needed in Short Stay Unit (SSU) and notifies physician, or PA/N of any abnormal findings.
36. May serve at other IHSC medical facilities on temporary duty (TDY).
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: 1. The incumbent maintains a current nursing license, has a BSN and meets continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in.
2. Must be licensed by a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or territory of the United States.
3. Maintains current CPR certification.
4. Professional nursing principals, procedures, and techniques to patient care and nursing supervision.
5. Medication, administration guidelines, and pharmaceutical agents and their desired and adverse effects in order to recognize untoward effects and take appropriate corrective measures.
6. Training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and coworkersduring which instructional and educational information is presented.
7. Requirements for safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patient seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
8. Care and responsible to emergency situations.
9. Patient health education skills.
Registered Nurses ADN & BSN in the Eloy Arizona and Florence Arizona area for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Positions: Fulltime and PRN.
Must pass Securty Background check.