YOUR MISSION AT IMVU
Build something great. Write code you're proud of and ship it to customers as often as possible.
Solve challenging problems. Charge fearlessly into complex technical problems, ask for help when you're over your head, and support your co-workers in turn.
Make a difference. Voice your ideas and opinions; make an impact on the product and the direction of the company.
Reinvent IMVU. Imagine what IMVU could be on a mobile platform then help design, build, and ship it on iOS, with future ports to Android in mind.
- IMVU (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends.
- We have 3+ million unique visitors per month, $50+ million annualized revenue, and the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than 10 million items, created mostly by our own users.
- We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, and spawned the Lean Startup movement.
- Deep familiarity with C, Objective-C, Objective-C runtime, Core Foundation, and Cocoa Touch.
- Demonstrable experience in native mobile application development on iOS (bonus points for Android).
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server applications and RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with OpenGL.
- Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
- Strong foundation in computer science combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude.
- You write code and build things because you love to, not because it’s your job.
- Lifelong learner, constantly experimenting and iterating. Never afraid to ask for help and never reluctant to give it.
- Able to quickly dive in, understand, and make a significant contribution to a large system.
- Passionate about agile software development, continuous integration and test driven development.
- Made a significant contribution to a large-scale web application.
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application.
- Shipped MMOs or other games.
- Passionate about designing and delivering compelling user experiences.
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review).
HOW TO APPLY
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law