Sr. HR Generalist
New York, NY | Human Resources
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. HR Generalist to join the IAC Corporate HR Department in New York to support IAC Corporate and its emerging businesses in two main areas: full life cycle recruitment for mid to senior level positions and be the primary support for all aspects of IAC’s immigration matters.
- Manage the hands-on recruitment process from sourcing and interviewing to offer negotiations, and on-boarding of new hires across multiple businesses and locations.
- Source applicants utilizing methods such as ad placement, referral generation and networking to obtain resumes of candidates with appropriate skills and qualifications for positions.
- Identify passive job seekers using a full range of recruitment tactics and resources.
- Develop and maintain strong, effective working relationship with business management, providing prompt and efficient recruitment efforts, updates, and ensuring compliance with established procedures & legal requirements.
- Provide front-line support to department managers in development of accurate job descriptions, qualifications, required skills and salary ranges.
- Manage IAC job postings on internal and external web sites.
- Maintain and present staffing status reports on a weekly basis.
- Create ad hoc reports and presentations, as requested
- Work directly with candidates, employees, managers and outside immigration counsel in preparing appropriate immigration cases e.g. F-1, E-3, H1B, O, PERM, etc.
- Coordinate all immigration postings, tracking and files involved with the immigration process.
- Responsible for the recruitment process for PERM Labor Certification to include candidate screenings and interviews.
- Provide a high level of service and consultation to all immigration inquires regarding status updates, next steps, travel and strategy.
- Prepare forms in support of various immigrant and non immigrant petitions.
- Assist with the completion of I-9 employment verification and coordinate with Payroll on any US taxation compliance matters as it relates to foreign nationals.
- Keep abreast of government, regulatory and/or other pertinent standards, requirements or information regarding employment of individuals on work visas and authorizations.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years of progressive in-house recruiting experience within a high volume environment, with mid to senior level recruiting experience
- At least 2 years experience in employment based US immigration supporting a sophisticated client base
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results
- Able to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines
- Able to accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload
- Demonstrated experience working with clients at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated experience understanding the business needs of multiple clients and executing full life-cycle recruiting programs
- Strong organizational skills, strategic thinker and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills as well as the ability to influence
- Intellectual and emotional maturity a must.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent relationship building and the desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Highly proficient in an Applicant Tracking System and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expert with LinkedIn Recruiter and sourcing active and passive candidates.
- A passion for the Web, your job and making work fun.