Data Analyst, Ad Operations
HomeFinder.com is one of the fastest growing real estate websites in the US. We attract more than 3.5 million visits per month and power the real estate search for hundreds of newspapers nationwide, including chicagotribune.com and latimes.com and provide awesome marketing solutions for 20,000 real estate professionals.
Are you looking to build your career at a phenomenal company that acts like a start-up (think passionate people, fun culture, fast pace and commitment to work-life balance) but has been in the real estate business for more than a decade? If so, then we want to get to know you.
Our next Data Analyst is out there and we want to bring him/her to the Client Services team at HomeFinder.com. This person will have a blend of strong analytical skills, customer service, and campaign management. If you live to analyze revenue impact, implement online ad campaigns and deliver superior customer service, then you may be just the missing person we are looking for!
The Data Analyst will also be a key contributor to the Advertising Operations team, which includes testing of new ad units, as well as end-user QA, and impact analysis to ensure our clients’ marketing success. Reporting to our Director of Operations, the Campaign Analyst will collaborate with sales, operations, technology, and product teams to effectively manage and expand client relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce superior work product by utilizing data analysis to create Request For Proposals (RFPs) and deliver Insertion Orders (IOs) for clients that deliver results.
- Schedule and launch interactive advertising campaigns in a timely and accurate manner, using an ad serving platform within technical specifications.
- Modify HTML and 3rd party tags to ensure ad server compatibility; test and verify tags.
- Monitor and analyze performance of campaigns and work collaboratively to recommend campaign modifications by leveraging client requirements along with product and site performance.
- Assist team as needed with scheduling and troubleshooting campaigns that affect tracking, implementation, or reporting.
- Proactively investigate issues (delivery discrepancies, billing disputes, technical issues, etc.) with clients, agencies, third-party platforms, and/or internal parties and provide resolutions to these issues.
- Process creative ad changes and Change Orders, and address day-to-day questions from Sales, Technology, Account Managers, Solutions and other internal teams. This will require, in part, being available in phone and email queue.
- Own and manage special projects related to the ongoing maintenance of a continually changing advertising climate
- Strive to do what is right by adhering to the highest ethical considerations.
- Intermediate to highly experienced Microsoft Excel skillset to complete daily revenue impact analysis of campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically while managing the day-to-day execution of the ad trafficking process.
- Must demonstrate customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts; flexible, patient, courteous, professional.
- Willing to take ownership, accountability, while executing attention to detail, with excellent with follow-through.
- Excellent written and phone communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities; possess excellent time management; quick learner; remain flexible to handle other duties that arise from time to time to accomplish business objectives.
- Able to adapt and operate effectively in fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Strong SQL, database knowledge, and scripting automation.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate requirements.
- Demonstrated experience as a data analyst specifically executing business strategies that result in traceable revenue growth.
- Knowledge of advertising industry, ad serving technologies, campaign metrics and optimization strategies a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) toolset experience a plus.