Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Performance QA Analyst/Engineer
The Performance QA Analyst/Engineer will support the performance testing efforts and the re-architecture of our Java CRM application. This role will be responsible for the daily performance testing efforts for this ongoing project. This role is a great transition for an individual who has gained experience in one or more of the following SDLC disciplines: Quality Assurance, Software Development, System Administration or Technical Support.
- Implement and drive the performance testing process.
- Plan, define, execute, and analyze high-level performance testing strategies and solutions through business, functional and technical expertise
- Utilize performance tools to design and execute load and performance tests against Web applications and web services using Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Develop data driven performance automation scripts and execute performance and load testing of web applications.
- Design and execute daily load tests, as well as larger system level tests
- Monitor, gather, and communicate application performance issues.
- Develop and document performance test plans that include measures, desired results and standards.
- Assess the test designs and work with appropriate teams to ensure sufficient test data.
- Work very closely with Product Development, Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to meet performance goals and metrics.
- Maintain and adopt common QA processes and practices across different product lines.
- Establish strategies for accomplishing goals; set and communicate goals; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Work independently demonstrating initiative; adapt to and embrace change in a rapidly changing environment; exhibit strong analytic skills; set and execute goals
- A degree in a technology field is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: QA or Software Development or System Administration or Technical Support
- 1+ year coding or scripting experience required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of normal business hours due to the needs of the business is required
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Self driven and self-motivated
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus
- Proven track record for trouble shooting
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V