At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Come be our first Software Engineer in Test! You will have the opportunity to architect our QA framework and testing practices from the ground up. Our content management system is one of the largest projects ever built on Django. Our Mobile applications are used by millions of users. The work you put into the projects will have a huge and direct impact on the success of Guidebook.
- In the first 3-6 months, you will have familiarized yourself with all of our technologies. You will have created high level test plans, test cases, and began scripts for automated testing.
- Work directly with our CTO to shape our testing methodology and infrastructure.
- Within the first months, take control of our test automation infrastructure. Define, implement, and enforce development guidelines regarding testing, and developed valuable integration tests that ensure the quality of our product.
- Help us eliminate introducing regression bugs.
- Understands application requirements and design features to be able to write test cases.
- Proactively review test plans with others for completeness
- Help lead the development team on best practices for testing.
- You have strong experience with Python testing.
- You have strong test strategy and planning experience. You have written detailed test cases based on user scenarios and deep technical knowledge.
- You are able to write end to end automation scripts.
- You have clear communication skills and a self starter attitude.
- You have strong documentation skills
- You have a BS or BA in Computer Science (or similar) or 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test.
- You understand application requirements and design features to be able to write test cases
- You can clarify how features should work to eliminate ambiguous requirements
- You can write, maintain and use test automation tools independently
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc