At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Guidebook is looking for an independent, capable developer to join our nascent R&D team as a data engineer. We are looking for individuals accustomed to proposing and rapidly prototyping ideas in a wide range of areas and with a wide range of technologies. You will help maintain our data pipeline from end to end. For this role, we are looking for a developer familiar with and excited about the entire life cycle of data, from experiment design, collection, analysis and presentation. You must be very strong in both Computer Science theory and practice. If you are fascinated by understanding user behavior through data, and all the particulars of how that data gets collected and analyzed, this job might be for you.
- Work closely with the Director of R&D to expand and maintain our existing data pipeline.
- Design and implement systems to produce useful, timely analytics reporting for both internal company use and external customer-facing products.
- Work with our data to help our company make more informed decisions across departments, from developers to sales reps.
- Evaluate new and upcoming technologies to ensure our data practices are efficient and always improving.
- BS/MS Computer Science from top engineering schools
- Strong python and django skills
- Strong communication skills
- Hadoop/Hive/Pig or Culumnar database experience
- High proficiency in SQL and No SQL databases
- Experience working in BI tools
- Interest in statistical modeling techniques (Machine Learning)
- Full health benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time!
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite!
- Make your workstation yours: Desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Fancy, Free lunches twice a week through MyEatClub.com
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free Caltrain GoPass so you can ride the Caltrain an unlimited number of times!
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- New office in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through AnyPerk!
- In-house yoga at the San Francisco office every other Thursday
- Reap some good karma: Group Volunteer Events
- Fun events at least once a month like movie nights, trivia night, museums, scavenger hunts!
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.