At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Own all of our business software tools and make thoughtful decisions that improve our efficiency and effectiveness throughout the company. You will have a unique look into all the aspects of the interworking of a successful software startup, and the power to quickly iterate and make intelligent changes on short time scales.
In order for us to succeed in a very competitive space, we need to be as efficient as possible in our business processes. Every piece of interesting data makes it easier for us to establish effective email marketing campaigns and measure our progress. Every smart software integration can save time for our teams. You will own the efficiency of all of our standard business processes, and help us minimize wasted time and maximize great reporting. You will help to create and maintain integrations between different software systems, including our own backend database which is the heart of the Guidebook product.
- We believe that SaaS software is the right choice to solve a lot of business needs. We use Salesforce for our CRM, Zuora for our financial management, and several other well-known SaaS tools in accomplishing our business goals. You will own these tools and consistently optimize them to empower our sales, marketing, engineering, and operations teams to succeed.
- Make Salesforce into a simple yet powerful tool that all of our teams can use to bring in new clients, serve existing clients, and draw interesting and actionable reports on their progress. You will make it a pleasure for all Salesforce users to do their jobs, keep the data clean, and we will be able to drive our business on the solid reporting that we can generate.
- Create integrations between our software and these external pieces of software in order to power better business intelligence and processes.
- Success in this role will be reflected in the sales and marketing teams at Guidebook having increased access to business intelligence data that is accurate and as close to real time as possible. We also have existing planned integration projects with Guidebook technology and the SaaS platforms we use; implementation and rollout of these projects will be the first step to success.
- You are a tech savvy person with a strong interest in getting more involved in business operations.
- You have strong experience working with an engineering team and a sales/marketing team. (i.e you are a software developer who’s used to working on business tools. Or a Salesforce administrator interested in learning software development.)
- You have worked with several different databases and acquired an intimate understanding of database architecture and functionality
- You have a demonstrated enthusiasm for solving business problems across disciplines such as sales, marketing, finance, and operations
- You are an intelligent problem solver who approaches issues in a systematic and effective way
- You have clear communication skills and a self starter attitude.
- EXTRA CREDIT: You have attained a working knowledge of Python.
- EXTRA CREDIT: You have demonstrated expertise in performing all major types of operations on the Salesforce platform including creating new fields and objects, creating workflow rules, writing APEX triggers, creating visualforce pages, and coding against the Salesforce API.
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc