- GraphScience is a social data and advertising company delivering the highest impact branding and revenue for top retailers, CPGs, and brands. Our powerful technology platform manages and analyzes big data, builds a brand's social graph, and generates advertising performance at scale.
- We're proud to have built our portfolio of the top online retailers and brands, and our goal is to continue to drive innovation and performance on their behalf.
- We have an open, laid-back culture, with a team that thrives on data-driven problem-solving, fast development, and a collaborative approach.
GraphScience is hiring a Senior Software Architect to help build out an industry-leading Big Data, ad optimization company with world-class clients. You will work hand in hand with an experienced technology team to build out cutting edge Big Data and ad optimization products utilizing the Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter ad APIs. You will help design and deliver a highly scalable, fault-tolerant, next generation Ad Engine and Social Data platform which handles millions of dollars in spend per month. You will be part of a fast-paced, closely-knit, supportive team delivering in an agile environment. You will demonstrate the ability to collaborate with your fellow engineers while also working independently and with a high degree of self-driven responsibility. You will deliver value to the team while also learning and growing in all areas of software engineering and teamwork.
- 7+ years of production/real-world software experience
- Has led a team of 3-10 engineers
- Has designed fault tolerant, thread-driven systems capable of processing millions of dollars in transactions
- Experience in large, distributed systems software, as commonly found in the financial services, ad tech, big data or online gaming sectors
- Understanding of big data storage systems including DynamoDB, Cassandra and MongoDB
- Can build robust REST APIs for internal usage, connecting to numerous systems including frontend analysis tools, Facebook, and other 3rd party data sources
- Hands-on server-side web development in frameworks like Ruby/Rails, PHP or Java/Spring or Python
- Understanding of test driven development
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly, including new web frameworks and open source technologies
- Comfortable working in a DevOps agile environment side by side with other developers
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Active Github account and open source contributor
- Hadoop or Big Data experience a strong plus
- Work with data, algorithms or analytics a strong plus
- Work with data-driven apps or analytics apps a strong plus
- Experience working with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn APIs