Based in Toronto, Canada, Goddess Connections has offices and team locations across Canada, United States and around the world. As a leading niche digital publisher focused on women in leadership, Goddess Connections publishes titles and digital editions through its primary brands: this includes inbox magazines, digital and printed books, audio CDs, podcasts, streaming video and DVDs.
We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business and our mission. If you are looking to be part of a culture of influence, opinion, boundary shattering, thought provoking creative excellence, then your talent and aspirations might fit within Goddess Connections. Your reward above all are the lives you help change for the better.
Internship roles available for 2014 include:
- Goddess Connections is committed to providing interns with a practical educational experience. At Goddess Connections, interns have the opportunity to interact with our complete team working towards the goal of creating world class media brands and digital media to expand their knowledge of our multimedia business.
Eligibility: Prospective interns should have a keen interest in the media and publishing industry and should be enrolled undergraduate students studying in a 2-4 year program at an accredited US or Canadian college or university. School credits are available depending on the requirements of your individual institution and/or program.
Ongoing 2014 Program (Winter, Spring, Summer & Autumn): The Intern 2014 program runs quarterly for each season. Interviewing and selection will be handled by Human Resources. The 2014 Intern Program will allow students to gain exposure to the industry and will provide a real-world experience that supplements classroom studies. Interns must be available to intern for a part-time or full-time schedule for the entirety of the program (8-12 weeks/season).
Editorial: The Editorial Intern may be exposed to the creation of content for the brand’s digital publication, website, social media, etc. Interns will be assigned to one of our consumer or business-to-business brands.
Print/Digital Design: The Design Intern may be placed with an editorial or advertising team and may participate in the layout and production of the digital and web editions of the magazine or brand or be involved in the creation of print/digital collateral for advertising units.
Photo/Video: The Photo/Video Intern will be embedded with the Management and PR team and could partake in photo/video research, production, and the visual story process.
Audio: The Audio Intern will be embedded with the Management, Interview, and Product teams and could partake in audio research, production, editing, distribution and the audio process.
Sales/Integrated Marketing: The Sales and/or Integrated Marketing Intern may experience the brand’s creation, preparation and execution of materials for sales calls and marketing programs for the brand’s publications, websites, etc. Interns may be assigned to work on sales calls, event calls or marketing campaigns.
PR/Events: The PR and/or Events Intern may have the opportunity to contribute in the brand’s brainstorming, preparation and execution of events. Interns will be assigned to one of the management team or brands.
Corporate: A Corporate Intern will be embedded with one of our Corporate departments such as Accounting, Administration, Affiliate Management, Finance, Business Development, Human Resources, etc. and could experience the general business functions of the group.
Technology: The Technology Intern will be embedded within our Technology department or insourced technology group and may be involved in creating our websites, landing/squeeze pages, apps, and products that allow our consumers to experience and consume our content in new and innovative ways.
- Business English - Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability of intelligent initiative and detail oriented.
- Technologically Savvy - PC/MAC and Mobile phone as well as exposure to other digital devices (i.e. tablets, MP3 players, etc)
- Keen interest in Media; Publishing - Print & Digital, Internet, Social Media, Broadcast Television, Movies, Documentaries, Music, Live Events, Journalism & Currents Events.
- Location: Most positions are virtual (worldwide) or on location in the USA and Canada. For those positions in Toronto, students must provide their own housing and transport.
- Experience in Digital Media, Internet Marketing and/or Publishing industries.
- You have a portfolio of your thought provoking and creative work; written, audio, video and events.
- Know your way around Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Apps. You have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. You have been exposed to and used Camtasia, Screenflow, Skype and Evernote in your projects.
- You read, write and speak another language.
- We are primarily a virtual organization. We are flexible and believe in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference for women worldwide - using your voice and skills - to effect positive change.
Environment of continuous learning,awareness and growth.
- Ability to own and deliver projects that you create, investigate, plan and execute. You are your results.
- Recognition for Innovation, Provocation, Hard Work, Influence and Results!
Goddess Connections is an equal opportunity workplace.