The social media intern will learn valuable ways of using social media as a marketing tool. Responsibilities will include content creation, account management, and social analytics. The intern will work on current brand strategies, as well as being a part of creating new ones. Through social media management applications, the intern will also learn to manage multiple accounts while maintaining each brand's unique voice in each and every update.
An established online controversial women’s magazine publisher located in the media capital of Toronto, Canada is seeking bright social media saavy students to work in-house (with virtual access) to prepare features and content for our social media platforms.
- Total of 240 hours – averages to 20 hours per week
- Must have your own laptop to use at home or in the office
- If the internship is fulfilling college credit, you must comply with all school requirements
- Competent writer
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Good reputation online
- No posting of content on personal social media profiles that would conflict with professional image
- Interest in social media marketing and enthusiastic about learning more
- Use of Basecamp and Google Documents/Google Drive to plan and organize tasks
- Finding and creating content to push out via social media sites
- Constantly reviewing social sites for updates that require a response
- Thinking of new and creative ways to engage fans and followers
- Analyzing past updates to determine which has had the best response
- Social Media training and certification (i.e. Hootsuite, Digital Marketer Labs, etc)
- Occasional other duties related to your internship
- Experience in Digital Media, Internet Marketing and/or Publishing industries.
- You have a portfolio of your thought provoking and creative work; written, audio, video and events.
- Know your way around Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Apps. You have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. You have been exposed to and used Camtasia, Screenflow, Skype and Evernote in your projects.
- You read, write and speak another language.
- We are primarily a virtual organization. We are flexible and believe in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference for women worldwide - using your voice and skills - to effect positive change.
- Environment of continuous learning,awareness and growth.
- Ability to own and deliver projects that you create, investigate, plan and execute. You are your results.
- Recognition for Innovation, Provocation, Hard Work, Influence and Results!
Goddess Connections is an equal opportunity workplace.