We are looking for an aspiring graphic designer looking for real world experience who already has some level of familiarity and skills with design. He or she will assist with the design and development of infographics for our brands. The content on the images, logos, illustrations and infographics will vary widely, depending on the type of presentation, project and platform. Additionally, graphic design interns will be involved with elements of the graphical representation for our brand's websites and social profiles.
An established online controversial women’s magazine publisher located in the media capital of Toronto, Canada is seeking bright social media saavy students to work in-house (with virtual access) to prepare features and content for our social media platforms.
- Total of 240 hours – averages to 20 hours per week
- Must have your own laptop to use at home or in the office with graphic design software
- If the internship is fulfilling college credit, you must comply with all school requirements
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Good reputation online
- No posting of content on personal social media profiles that would conflict with professional image
- Basic skills and knowledge in graphic design
- Interest in graphic design and eager to gain real world experience
- Creative mind and eye for detail
- Use of Basecamp and Google Documents / Google Drive to plan and organize tasks
- Working with Researchers to plan and produce infographics for clients
- Designing Facebook landing pages
- Designing graphics for Twitter
- Designing graphics for Google Plus+
- Designing graphics for Pinterest and other social media profiles
- Designing website graphics
- Designing graphical interfaces for games and contests
- Occasional other duties related to your internship
- Experience in Digital Media, Internet Marketing and/or Publishing industries.
- You have a portfolio of your thought provoking and creative work; written, audio, video and events.
- Photography and Video editing knowledge
- Familiarity with typography and vector design
- Know your way around Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Apps.
- You have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Indesign, Fireworks and Dreamweaver.
- You have been exposed to and used Camtasia, Screenflow, Skype and Evernote in your projects.
- You read, write and speak another language.
- We are primarily a virtual organization. We are flexible and believe in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference for women worldwide - using your voice and skills - to effect positive change.
- Environment of continuous learning,awareness and growth.
- Ability to own and deliver projects that you create, investigate, plan and execute. You are your results.
- Recognition for Innovation, Provocation, Hard Work, Influence and Results!
Goddess Connections is an equal opportunity workplace.