Ruby on Rails Developer
The Ruby on Rails Developer keeps our sites at peak performance, carries out required maintenance and writes elegant code that powers the expansion of our sites. This position requires a unique person who can not only develop robust web sites and applications, but who can also manage the backend hardware and software that keeps a consumer-focused e-commerce site running. This position reports to the E-Commerce Manager.
Web Development Function
* Work with E-Commerce Manager and freelance designers and /or outside agencies to develop new Web sites, micro sites, promotional emails etc.
* Design, code, and test technical solutions to implement new features into existing Web sites.
* At least 2+ years in RoR development
* Systems Administration experience managing a Linux environment (System includes Apache, Ruby, Mongrel Cluster, mySQL, SSH)
* Experience managing and implementing version control system (CVS, SVN)
* Excellent knowledge of HTML and understanding of web standards
* Ability to understand front end User Interface development requirements
* Strong working knowledge of the DOM and AJAX
* Experience with other scripting languages such as PHP
* Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5 years related job experience
* Strong web development experience preferably on large scale e-commerce systems