Sr. DevOps Systems Engineer
We're looking for a highly talented Senior Operations Engineer to join our tech team at Fullscreen in Culver City. The ideal candidate is obsessed with automation, configuration management, cloud computing, uptime, and has years of experience working with Linux Systems. The ideal person is passionate working with development engineers to get more done faster with less trouble, which includes using configuration management tools like SaltStack / Puppet / Chef / Ansible and metrics tools like Logstash / StatsD / New Relic / CollectD. The ability to communicate effectively and lead initiatives with other engineers with minimal supervision is important. You will be comfortable with cloud technologies, your way around the command line, and a solid foundation in programming and troubleshooting. This is a unique opportunity with high potential because we are in the middle of building a fresh cloud foundation to migrate our externally hosted applications into. We will be evaluating several technologies, and likely creating some of our along the way.
Skillsets We’re Looking For
- Proven ability to build large, reliable, scalable infrastructure -- you've directly contributed to scaling a highly-trafficked website or web application, preferably in the media business.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu) and 5+ years of system administrator experience.
- Shell scripting knowledge (Bash) for day to day and Application Development experience (Ruby or Python) to build internal apps or help debug existing ones.
- Strong systems background with ability to troubleshoot macro system issues all the way down the stack using multiple methods.
- Ability to rotate into a 24/7 on-call schedule and respond to mission-critical issues.
- Amazon AWS or cloud based hosting experience leveraging APIs for provisioning/management.
- Configuration Management Tooling Experience such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or SaltStack.
- RDBMS Administration and Development in Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, or MSSQL. You should be comfortable writing queries.
- NoSQL Administration experience using Memcache, Couchbase, Redis, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch.
- Nginx, Apache, Rails, Logstash.
- Travis CI, Jenkins, Git.
People We’re Looking For
- You're an incredibly talented and passionate DevOps engineer.
- You have the capability of working with advanced and complicated tools yourself, but you won't tolerate complexity in the infrastructure you deploy.
- You need to be invested in the infrastructure you're building. It's more than just spinning up code to you.
- You strive to automate everything, and understand the benefits of representing infrastructure as code.
- Someone can give you a brief, general idea of something and you can run with it. You don't need an exhaustive spec document. In fact, if someone gave you one, you'd probably find it a bit off-putting.
- You don't brag that you work long hours, but the hours you do put in, you're completely invested in doing great things.
- You have mastered your set of tools and you see the importance of sharpening the tools you use to develop.
- You have a 4 year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or similar field of study. Or, you have the fundamental software engineering skills and years of experience to back up your technical aptitude.
Highly Desirable Skillsets
- You contribute to open source projects on GitHub or people have starred your GitHub repositories.
- You’ve used AWS VPCs and AWS Autoscaling.
- You have video encoding and delivery experience on a wide range of clients like desktops, mobile devices, and gaming platforms.
- You have experience configuring and delivering assets through Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- You have expertise in building fast and awesome SQL queries and databases.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible work schedule and dress code. Want to come into work at 11 wearing sweatpants? Be our guest!
- Smash Brothers Melee Battles (and a variety of other games in our game room)
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks, the contents of which are decided by the team
- Want to learn CoffeeScript? Brush up on CSS? Dabble in iOS development? Dive right in with a free Code School subscription!
- Enjoy our vast reference library of DRM-free eBooks. Don't see the one you like? We'll buy it!
- Code in style on a generously configured MacBook Pro with Retina Display and 27" Thunderbolt Display
- Keep up with the industry by attending a domestic conference of your choice each year... on us, of course
- Catered meals on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off each year
Fullscreen is the first media company for the connected generation that offers innovative technology and premium services for content creators and the world's leading brands to thrive on YouTube. Fullscreen's global network generates over 3 billion monthly video views and reaches over 400 million subscribers. Headquartered in Culver City, California, Fullscreen was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen’s video channel network includes top creative talent like The Fine Brothers, filmmaker Devin Super Tramp, and super-group O2L. (www.fullscreen.com)