Elasticsearch is on a mission to make real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. We spend our days engineering the world’s most advanced open source search and analytics engine, which is rapidly becoming the most popular solution in this space. The company has joint headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area and Amsterdam. We are experiencing tremendous growth and our products have been downloaded more than 10M times. Top-tier VC firms Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA have invested more than $100M in Elasticsearch.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we are now seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. You will be on a team responsible for creating tools and procedures to support the development of, and community around, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (“the ELK stack”). This position will also include managing production services used by our community and internal and external customers.
- Develop and enhance tooling to deploy and manage the ELK stack. This includes working with administrators and operators from the community of ELK users.
- Support internal use of the ELK stack for software development and analytics
- Model procedures and best practices for deploying the ELK stack on cloud environments (e.g. EC2) and bare metal
- Be contact point for internal questions on our systems
- At least five years hands-on experience as a Linux / Unix operations or systems administrator
- Experience administering production Linux / Unix systems collaboratively, particularly using modern configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Strong knowledge of Linux / Unix system administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, ability to work in a fast pace environment with a positive approach
- Demonstrated desire to provide visibility and monitoring
- Have worked with multi-cultural and geographically distributed teams
- Self-motivating, able to work remotely and independently
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet preferred)
- Experience with version control systems (git preferred)
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, AWS, Python, shell scripting, nginx, and maintenance of a CI environment are strongly helpful
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- A fun environment to work hard and play harder
- Passionate people building great products