Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source projects, Elastic provides real-time insights and makes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data usable for developers and enterprises. By focusing on scalability, ease-of-use, and ease-of-integration, the Elastic ELK stack – comprised of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana – powers many of the world's leading mobile, social, consumer and business applications. Since its initial release, the ELK stack has achieved more than 20 million cumulative downloads, and today, Elastic is backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California, and offices and employees around the world.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we have the opportunity to grow our Infrastructure team. We're software developers that love systems. We are the first users of Elastic's products. We contribute all over Engineering, touching many different projects, to build infrastructure with minimal red tape. We build large clusters of Elasticsearch. We build dashboards and monitoring. We build ingestion pipelines and distributed query fuzzing. Not only do we use and enjoy ELK, we deploy it multiple ways with different versions running side-by-side. We try out new technology to use what we like and better our own products. We function like a startup within the company, building our stack with autonomy, mimicking what we see users doing. We troubleshoot interesting problems that we hopefully hit before our users.
- Develop and enhance tooling to deploy and manage the ELK stack and other infrastructure. This includes working with administrators and operators from the community of ELK users.
- Support internal use of the ELK stack for software development and analytics
- Model procedures and best practices for deploying the ELK stack on cloud environments (e.g. EC2) and bare metal
- Be contact point for internal questions on our systems
- Broad software development background (we use Python, Clojure, Haskell, but across the company is everything else from Java to Go)
- Multiple years hands-on experience administering Linux, preferably with distributed systems with some scale
- Experience automating production Linux systems collaboratively, deriving configuration through version control
- Have used Puppet or another config management suite, know where it's broken, and open to trying new things
- Relentless desire to automate and build software tools
- Desire to represent work in git, driven by a GitHub workflow through issues and pull requests
- Healthy knowledge of Linux (have compiled your own kernel at some point, know how to trace syscalls, understand TCP, etc.)
- Love open source development, and have contributed to some project somewhere (doesn't have to be ours), whether it's mailing lists, patches, documentation, etc.
- Enjoy working remotely and the communication it requires
- Love a diverse environment, working with men and women all over the world
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- Fully remote, with optional coworking from an Elastic office (Mountain View, Amsterdam, Phoenix, etc.) or in your town
- Lots of opportunities for conference travel, being in the community is encouraged, not just tolerated