Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source projects, Elastic provides real-time insights and makes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data usable for developers and enterprises. By focusing on scalability, ease-of-use, and ease-of-integration, the Elastic ELK stack – comprised of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana – powers many of the world's leading mobile, social, consumer and business applications. Since its initial release, the ELK stack has achieved more than 20 million cumulative downloads, and today, Elastic is backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California, and offices and employees around the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated BD & Channel Director to join our Business Development organization in our largest and most strategic markets. This role is responsible for supporting Elastic’s efforts to build a world-class ecosystem of partners who are highly strategic to the company’s long-term goals. The BD & Channel Director will recruit, enable, and manage a network of partners in order to drive partner fulfilled and influenced revenue. We want energetic, innovative, and results-oriented partner leaders.
- Identify, recruit, enable and manage partners (Regional SIs, Global SIs, VARs, Referral Partners, etc) to support business goals and to execute channel sales strategies specific to each geographic region
- Drive consistent and predictable channel bookings through joint business planning and ongoing channel enablement
- Work closely with our direct sales teams on development, tracking, and reporting goals and objectives, forecasts, key metrics and definitions of success for each partner account
- Negotiate and close channel and partnership contracts
- Create and drive overall channel strategy and prioritization plan for coverage area, including the development of an Elasticsearch practice across priority channel partners
- Energetic, smart, self-directed, and passionate business development and channels professional
- Experience recruiting, enabling, and managing a network of SI and channel partners with direct personal involvement
- Experience building channel networks from the ground up
- Experience negotiating channel agreements and designing channel programs
- Demonstrated success growing the impact of channel results through increased lead growth or bookings growth
- Understanding of analytics, search, or big data markets / products or ability to learn quickly
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor's degree. MBA a plus.
- Extremely competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- A fun environment to work hard and play harder
- Passionate people building great products