Hosting and operating a web site is no small feat – especially one that has around 18 million visitors per month. Ensuring there’s an easy and efficient way to administer, improve and fix all of the amazing tools and features on our site becomes imperative. That’s where you come in and save the day. As a Technical Service Analyst you’re always looking for ways to keep the operations architecture flowing and in tip-top shape.
You’ll be involved with all aspects of our ITIL-based infrastructure management framework – not just incident management. Sure, you’ll regularly be fielding requests and inquiries as well as keeping our documentation up to date but there’s a lot more. You’ll have a say in making things better, developing new tools and proactively looking for and implementing continuous improvements in the process.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain our ITIL services at the highest level. Tools & technologies you’ll be using to accomplish this:
- Service-Now Platform
- AppDynamics, Splunk, Gomez and Zenoss
- Level 1 and Level 2 Incident Management: root cause analysis, incident resolution, change management, etc. (Help Desk/Desktop support is handled by a separate team)
- Work with various IT and non-IT teams to identify problems and get to a timely resolution
- Be an invaluable metrics & reporting resource knowing how to slice & dice the data to help others troubleshoot issues
- Function as an integral part of the continuous delivery process across all environments, both pre-production and production (i.e. not a silo’d role)
What You Need:
- Prior related experience in IT Service Management, Operations Architecture, ITIL, etc.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills – you’re great at explaining complicated situations in uncomplicated terms
- Exceptional follow-through skills – nothing falls through the cracks when you’re involved
- You’re calm under pressure, able to keep a clear head and make decisions with sound judgment
- Flexible – we work in a dynamic environment with changes and improvements occurring daily
- Exposure to Linux and the Service Now platform will get you extra bonus points
- Good to great sense of humor
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!