The Technology Team at Edmunds.com is leading the field in implementing the next generation of technology and processes that online publishers will use to operate dynamic, large-scale, high-traffic web operations. Every Technologist at Edmunds actively contributes in a highly collaborative, team-based setting which involves Edmunds’ adopted methodologies of Agile, Design Thinking, Lean Development and DevOps.
As a Systems Engineer, you’ll be a forward-thinking team player ensuring Edmunds’ technical systems work optimally and deliver their intended value. If they don’t, you’ll be an active participant or leader in finding a solution that does. This is your chance to make a real difference and contribute to an organization committed to the true spirit of team-based collaboration. It’s an open landscape to create solutions!
What You’ll Do:
- Quickly get up to speed and understand our technology stack; includes having a hands-on understanding of technologies such as AWS, CloudStack and Chef
- Implement and refine our automation processes across the entire technology stack
- Troubleshoot issues that manifest on the Edmunds.com website, institute solutions and collaboratively analyze findings to prevent recurrences
- Monitor and profile critical systems using tools such as Gomez, AppDynamics, Splunk and Zenoss
- Understand our continuous delivery pipeline and help develop tools that ensure the rapid, safe and high-quality delivery of features that are automatically promoted in the pre-production pipeline to the production farm
What our Technology stack looks like (you’ll be using all of these):
- Apache, Tomcat, Java, Ruby, Bash, MongoDB, Coherence, Zookeeper, ActiveMQ
- AppDynamics, RTView, Splunk, Zenoss, Gomez, AWS, CloudStack, KVM, Xen, Hadoop
What You Need:
- Strong Linux, scripting (any language – we just need you to be open to picking up others)
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must!
- An understanding of web & enterprise technologies, general integration patterns and their pros/cons
- Be demonstrably proactive!
- Thrive on keeping up with rapidly changing technology stack and processes
- Great at working with all levels across the engineering team
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!