This position is responsible for maintaining and improving a suite of software products, as well as developing core service and application enhancements to improve execution, usability and manageability of the Edmunds.com site. The Software Engineer will be involved in managing application integration activities, providing consulting services to other IT peer groups and assisting in the development of complex initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Application development / enhancement using java/J2EE and other open source technologies
- Ensure that the delivered system matches the functionality specified through systematic testing
- Develop project documents such as design specifications use cases, project plans, test plans, status reports, etc.
- Provide day-to-day application-level troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Work closely with various teams to coordinate product releases
- Infrastructure automation
What You Need:
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise software applications involving HTML, Java Script, JAVA, Spring, AJAX, XML, Java messaging, JSON and database components
- Experience/familiarity with Test Driven Development using open source frameworks (Preferred TestNG, Selenium RC, JMeter, Solr, MongoDB, Hadoop
- Familiarity with Twitter bootstrap, gwt, nodejs is a plus
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!