You + Open Source Technologies + Data Explosion
Use your Java development experience to help us manage the data explosion dilemma! You will be joining a strong, determined and results oriented team that has the potential to change the way the company handles Big Data and create new product opportunities. The primary function is to design and implement frameworks and processes that allow analytics and new product development based on Big Data which is critical for driving profitability.
What You’ll Do:
- Devise scalable, maintainable and reliable services that process very large quantities of structured and unstructured data.
- Key deliverables include processing, integrating, monitoring and alerting modules that fit into a unified and reliable Big Data infrastructure.
(Want to know an example of a typical problem you could be facing? Answer: architecting a monitoring and self-supporting solution to a complex data flow and data processing pipeline)
What You Need:
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, object oriented analysis & design, and design patterns & algorithms
- Expertise in Java. Knowledge of Hadoop, HBase, Oozie and Maven is a plus.
- Proactive attitude in the execution of your goals and ability to diligently follow through in removing roadblocks
- Ability to learn and adapt to new processes and technologies
Now the big question - why would you want this job? – here’s why:
- You’ll get to work with our remarkably talented staff and rich systems
- Potential to shape the future of a rapidly growing company
- You’ll have a very tangible impact on the company and the whole car buying process (think big!!)
- Lastly we are ‘just right’ sized – not too small to be scraping for cash/survival and not too large to become part of the corporate grind.
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - we celebrate results, not hours worked; you're empowered to manage your schedule in order to integrate work and life so that neither gets neglected
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - no more counting your vacation days; take what you need; as long as your work gets done
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!