As a Dealer Support Specialist (DSS) on the Indirect Markets Team at Edmunds, your mission will be to retain and grow relationships with your assigned group of automotive dealers. What does that mean? In a nutshell, once the sale is made you become the customer’s main point of contact. From our Santa Monica office, via phone and email, you’ll answer their questions, solve problems and ensure they’re satisfied with the value of the program. The DSS role is critical because many times you’ll make the difference between retaining a customer or not.
What You’ll Do:
- Can you multi-task in your sleep? You’ll be managing a large group of accounts to ensure they’re optimizing their advertising on our site
- Excited about being the go-to person for your clients? We want you to build long-lasting, strong and trusting relationships
- Are you a problem solver by nature? Issues will vary by client, and you’ll love that each day will bring a different challenge. You’ll help fix issues pertaining to billing, inventory listings, site set-up, etc.
- Enjoy being an all-knowing product guru? You’ll help train dealerships on our products. Some will need more hand-holding and coaching, while others just some reinforcement or a refresher course to help them improve their processes
- Team player? You’ll collaborate with our Sales team and other Dealer Support Specialists to ensure the best level of service for our customers. We want to create a maximized partnership with our entire dealer network.
What You Need:
- Prior account management, consulting, or sales experience in the automotive retail space. Don’t have that? Sell us on why you’d be a great fit for the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are vital - you’ll be sending emails and talking with customers every day
- Top notch customer service skills with a track record of delivering high customer retention and satisfaction
- Effective and dynamic presentation skills; no wallflowers here
- Remarkable time-management and problem-solving skills
- Experience using core technologies like Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, Word; these are necessary tools for success
- Flexibility is critical in this role (figuratively speaking, of course. However, if you are a contortionist, that’s cool too.)
At Edmunds.com our mission is to "help customers find the car that meets their every need, whatever it takes." Ever since we began publishing printed car price guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When the company launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Today, close to 18 million visitors come to Edmunds.com each month to do research and get advice. From our uniquely trusted position, we continue to work to make it easier for car shoppers to buy and for dealers to sell.
Sure, we've got great technology, data, reviews and advice, but our most cherished assets are our enthusiastic employees and progressive corporate culture. We've been recognized as a top workplace by BusinessWeek, the Wall Street Journal, as well as the LA Business Journal. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!