At Edmunds.com our mission is to "help customers find the car that meets their every need, whatever it takes." Ever since we began publishing printed car price guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When the company launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Today, close to 18 million visitors come to Edmunds.com each month to do research and get advice. From our uniquely trusted position, we continue to work to make it easier for car shoppers to buy and for dealers to sell.
Sure, we've got great technology, data, reviews and advice, but our most cherished assets are our enthusiastic employees and progressive corporate culture. We've been recognized as a top workplace by BusinessWeek, the Wall Street Journal, as well as the LA Business Journal. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!
WARNING: THIS IS NOT A BORING SALES MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
WHAT WE’LL TELL YOU ABOUT THE JOB:
This is an Area Sales Manager job and much, much more! Think: Digital Ad Media Sales Manager Extraordinaire. Sorta.
- A successful Area Manager gets out there and develops direct relationships with dealers through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development – there’s no hand-holding here!
- We hope you are good at creating and managing relationships with automotive retailers… how you do that is up to you. Here are some suggestions: demonstrate value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant by hosting process audits and trainings with your new friends (read: your clients).
- We also hope that your new friends like you! A lot. It’s probably best to respond quickly and accurately to dealer problems, concerns or needs. Follow through works like a charm, too.
- Communication is key! Your managers will want some sort of in-depth analyses and reports so they can brag about how well their territories are doing.
- Wait… there’s more! Provide strong feedback – written, verbal, pigeons with notes tied to their feet – to the product and operational teams. They’ll be listening for new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products. We want to be the best. Literally. Get creative!
- And some administrative stuff: manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables. You’ll figure this part out.
WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOB:
At Edmunds.com we're impacting how millions of consumers make what is typically the second largest purchase they'll make during their lifetime: a new car. How do we do it, you ask?
- "Cutting Edge Technology
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course.
- Exciting & growing company but stable, we've been around since 1966!
- Cool office space near the beach (award winning design) but if you are remote, I’m sure your office is just as cool!
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal, Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record.
WHY WE WILL HIRE YOU:
- 5+ years of professional direct sales experience or you’ll wow us with your charisma and automotive experience.
- Automotive and/or Internet experience (because it really helps)
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory; occasional travel outside the territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills – very helpful when you are trying to convince a dealer to buy the Edmunds.com product!
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office… hint, hint: dream job!
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company… please, no failures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Email programs (Outlook, Gmail, etc.). Snail-mail is a thing of the past, unless it’s from Grandma with a crisp $20 bill inside!
WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK HERE AND NOT THAT “OTHER” PLACE:
Did we not convince you yet?!?!? Come on… apply - all the cool kids are doing it.