As an Area Sales Manager at Edmunds.com you’ll enjoy the freedom of an entrepreneurial environment where you’ll be challenged to grow our brand and make a name for yourself in the automotive digital advertising space. Representing our fast-growing Dealer Direct subscription service, your mission is to develop relationships with automotive dealers in your territory and become an indispensable on-line marketing strategy consultant.
What You'll Do:
- The most successful Area Managers visit about 4-5 dealerships a day… 4-5 times per week, so hit the road, Jack!
- While you’re in between meetings, you can easily check email and review your accounts using your company issued iPad, smart phone and MiFi card - you’ll have strong, wireless internet wherever you go. Technology is awesome.
- Where’s the office, you ask? It’s your car, the dealership parking lot, your favorite coffee shop… you name it, the choice is yours.
- Articulating our value proposition might sound easy but it can actually be pretty tricky. Knowing our product inside and out is critical, so read up… study…
- We believe that the biggest challenge you’ll face is managing your day-to-day schedule without a boss breathing down your neck. Sound like a perk? Read on! Need more hand holding? Maybe this isn’t for you.
- Being flexible and embracing constant change as we roll out new products and services is a big part of this gig.
What You Need:
- Our overachievers enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and they’re excited by change and growth.
- Successful Area Managers thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere where they can solve problems and make a name for themselves.
- Strong communicators finish first
- You’ll wow us with your charisma, digital sales expertise and some automotive biz know-how
- Frequent and consistent traveling within your territory is key. Who doesn’t like a good Bon Jovi sing-a-long as they drive from dealership to dealership?
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SalesForce (or a similar sales program) is important; and we use Gmail
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!