The Account Executive consults with, supports, and sells Edmunds’ dealer products to a group of automotive retailers in a defined geographic area. The Account Executive reviews on-line business practices and consults with dealership management and Internet department staff regarding on-line best practices leveraging Edmunds.com’s proprietary analytics. As a representative of the Edmunds brand in the marketplace, the Account Executive must not only be professional and talented, but they should also have a healthy respect for automotive retailers and a passion for improving the car buying experience.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and aggressively grow direct relationships in a designated geography through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development
- Create and manage relationships with area automotive retailers by demonstrating value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant, including hosting process audits and training
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer problems, concerns or needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding field activities and dealership progress
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Manage and monitor all contracts as well as account receivables
What You Need:
- 5+ years of professional direct sales experience
- Automotive and/or Internet experience
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory; occasional travel outside the territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we’re driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - we celebrate results, not hours worked; you're empowered to manage your schedule in order to integrate work and life so that neither gets neglected
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - no more counting your vacation days; take what you need; as long as your work gets done
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!