Founded in 1995, EasyStreet is a leading IT managed services, cloud computing and colocation provider headquartered in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. EasyStreet provides purpose built Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings to local, regional and global clients via three EasyStreet-owned datacenters in Oregon, network points of presence in Seattle and San Francisco and high availability hubs specifically designed for cloud infrastructure in Phoenix and Spokane. From SSAE 16 Type II audited datacenters hardened with layers of physical and electronic security to private & multi-tenant clouds and managed services that meet HIPPA/HITECH and PCI compliance, EasyStreet offers comprehensive, IaaS solutions for production business applications, continuous data protection and application availability, testing and development, and software-as-a-service enablement.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, audit and reporting activities. The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance and accounting operations and manage a team of staff members, including functional responsibility over general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. The Controller will ensure that EasyStreet has the systems and procedures in place to support effective financial processes, and will be responsible for audit and tax compliancy. The Controller will function as a business partner with the CFO and act as a financial liaison to the organization, while working closely with the executive team, department leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how the Finance and Accounting functions can effectively support the organization.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of the accounting function (general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, banking and fixed assets). Manages month-end and year-end close processes, performs and reviews account reconciliations, creates and reviews journal entries.
- Ensures compliance with all financial regulations and requirements.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company and maintain a high level of internal accounting control. Ensures proper segregation of duties among staff members.
- Directs interim and year-end financial audit activity.
- Manages tax planning, preparation and compliance with federal, state, and local corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Advises and assists with choosing, implementing and maintaining financial systems to maintain effective controls and streamline business processes.
- Leads and mentors a team of supervisory and non-supervisory employees. Creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment. Leverages the strengths of the Accounting team members, helps to clarify roles and responsibilities and develops and implements training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Develop internal SOPs, processes and training to ensure team members have the needed skills and tools to achieve department objectives and deliver on project goals and commitments.
- Acts as the financial liaison on cross-functional teams and projects.
- Identifies and directs other projects to improve the operational and financial health of the organization.
- Develops and maintains internal and external business relationships (e.g. 401(k) admin, CPA firm, legal counsel, insurance brokers).
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Analyzes financial data and produces internal and external financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, including explanations for variances and recommendations to senior management.
- Supports CFO regarding treasury functions (budgeting, forecasting, cash management, and other projects as required).
- Generates cost analysis and customer pricing modeling.
- Assures mitigation of business risk through insurance carriers and brokers.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 5-7 years of accounting and finance leadership experience.
- Minimum of BA; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, with a hands-on approach.
- Educator who is willing to serve as a mentor and build a team.
- Desire to understand the business front to back, and approach situations from an operational perspective as well as a financial perspective.
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness to maintain financial integrity of the business.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical and planning ability, good judgment and implementation ability.
- Strong communication skills, articulate and relatable to people at all levels of an organization. Remains calm and courteous under pressure.
- Experience with various software applications (MS Office Suite, Solomon/Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics, or similar GL accounting software).
- Solid reasoning skills, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must enjoy fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environments geared toward creating greatness.
QUESTIONS FOR YOU TO ANSWER IN YOUR COVER LETTER
- Number of years experience in a financial leadership position: (1-3, 4-6, 7-10, >10)
- Largest finance/accounting team managed (<3, 4-7, >7)
- Largest company (# of employees) in which you held a financial leadership position (<50, 51-200, >200)
- Largest company (annual revenue) in which you held a financial leadership position (<$20MM, $21-$50MM, $51-$250MM, >$250MM)
- Annual Salary Requirement
- Education (BA Accounting, BA Other, CPA, MBA)