DriverSide is a rapidly growing, venture-backed company in San Francisco that provides automotive ownership services to consumers and larger players in the automotive industry. We're a small (< 30), very lean and efficient group of talented developers, designers, product people, etc looking to expand our engineering group as the business expands. Our ranks include ex Google, KBB, Yahoo, etc and our founders have successfully built business that have been aquired by Microsft and Intuit over the past 10 years.
- work closely with the engineers, the QA/Release manager as well as product managers on developing use cases, understanding processes and doing automated testing of large-scale, high-volume data loaders
- monitor / troubleshoot high-volume data loaders that take data from flat file / XML and load into MySQL
- execute black-box testing, automate & further develop existing QA practices
- high attention to detail
- experience operating / troubleshoot systems that load large amounts of data (hundreds of gigabytes)
- ample experience with MySQL
- comfortable understanding of command-line PHP scripting
- ample experience on the Linux command line, shell script, etc.
* Passion for data always a plus in a business like ours
* Experience in release management (for our back-end code) using SVN
* Work in a laid-back but fast-paced environment with a very friendly and talented team, building innovative web-based products
* We're in a great neighborhood in San Francisco (Jackson Square)
* costco runs!
* Plenty of room to grow as our business expands