Comtech Xicom Technology in Santa Clara, California is hiring a Power Supply Design Engineer!
Power Supply Design Engineer
Job Summary: Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. May also review vendor capability to support development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design of DC/DC, AC/DC switch mode power supplies utilizing various electrical topologies with emphasis on high voltage power design.
- Interpret customer and marketing requirements for new or modified products.
- Performs electrical design and coordinate the activities for PCB, mechanical design, documentation, safe agency approvals and release of designs to manufacture.
- Electrical design of new and modified products, ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
- Supervise engineering technicians
- Coordinate PCB and mechanical design
- Performs cost analysis and produces cost estimates
- Directs customer support.
- Performs complex ESS and FAT test for the qualification of products.
- Troubleshoots circuits as required.
- Makes presentations to management and customers.
- Performs reliability prediction calculations and reports.
- Responsible for root causes analysis on products, technical problems and documentation.
- Responsible for implementing preventive and corrective action.
- Prepares user related documentation relative to products and components.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Office
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation.
- Knowledge of Magnetic design.
- Experience with electronic packaging, electronic power supplies and power conversion products
- Knowledge of current manufacturing techniques for power products.
- Knowledge of CE certification standards, ISO and GMP standards and EMI compliance.
- Knowledge of high voltage design techniques, components, guidelines.
- Knowledge of Potting and encapsulation.
- Through understanding of Control theory.
- Familiarity with process design..
- Strong project management experience and supervisory skills.
- Ability to make economic judgments with respect to product cost and manufacturing process.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent math aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks with minimum supervision
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree and four years of job related experience.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and talk or hear and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds or more. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Comtech Xicom is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer