Telephony Operations & Development Manager
Cinchcast is looking for a strong telephony/operations engineer to help us manage our telephony infrastructure and conferencing platform as we scale. You will be a key member of the team responsible for telephony systems, reliability, performance, recoverability, operating systems, and infrastructure applications.
• Enhance, manage, and monitor Asterisk based systems
• Monitoring and maintaining Asterisk Skype modules
• Install, configure, and maintain server telephony hardware, software, Pactolus, PT, Radisys
• Support connectivity effort of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other appliances
• Help the organization scale the infrastructure to support additional capacity
• Understanding streaming media specifically when utilizing CDNs
• Candidate will be responsible for managing vendors used to help the organization maintain and improve its systems
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
• Assists in the investigation of end issues/complaints and the delivery of an appropriate remedy and response
• Assist with the development of standards and procedures, and making technology recommendations.
• Takes part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
• Telephony background is required: VoIP, SIP, RTP protocols.
• Fundamental understanding of Ethernet and Internet protocols (Wireshark & tcpdump)
• Programming in TSQL MSSQL
• Ability to code in Java and .Net is a bonus
• Strong skill set working with Linux
• Ability to write script files on Windows
• Familiar with Web Application architecture & design is a bonus
• Solid understanding of networks and their relation to end users
• Understanding how to leverage CDNs
• General comprehension of scaling out telephony systems
• Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills
• Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
• 5+ years experience in Telephony/Operations
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field preferred
• Competitive base salary, bonus