Chartboost is the world's largest games only technology platform. We work with thousands of developers around the world and our network has grown to more than 60,000 mobile games. We reach 300 million users across more than 150 countries and drive billions of impressions per month. Chartboost was founded by early employees from the company behind Tap Tap Revenge (acquired by Disney) and our employees come from several leading companies, including Google and Microsoft. We have raised $21M from Sequoia Capital and other investors. We are on fire.
We are passionate in everything we do - we work hard, and give everything we’ve got to make our users love us. We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions. We are product driven. We care about design, our users and their overall experience. Sound like a fit? Come join us, dream big, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming.
Chartboost is looking for a Vice President of Marketing with deep roots in the gaming, ad tech, and/or analytics industry to join our team in San Francisco. The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy, explaining and expanding on our established company character and brand voice, and creating lasting and profitable relationships between Chartboost and our partners.
This role requires a unique blend of marketing and operations acumen, leadership, agility and communication skills. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
About the Job:
- In collaboration with the Chief Revenue Office, develop comprehensive marketing strategies (demand generation and lifecycle management) for B2B customer (mobile app developer) acquisition, engagement, conversion, retention, upselling.
- Manage partner/customer KPIs:
- Traffic generation (visitors/uniques)
- Partner acquisition: conversion rates, volumes, sources, costs
- Partner engagement
- Conversion (first time sales) - self-serve and sales assisted
- Viral acquisition
- Partner retention and satisfaction
- Build and recommend programs across a variety of marketing tactics:
- Paid marketing (SEM, Display & Remarketing, Affiliates & Referral programs)
- Inbound marketing (Content, SEO, Social Media, Email, Events, PR)
- Web design, marketing automation, and analytics
- Define and drive corporate and product marketing strategy, positioning, and messaging:
- Market research to understand trends, opportunities, and the competitive environment
- “Voice of the developer” program partnering with product, sales, and support teams
- Marketing communications planning and management
- Cross-functional go-to-market coordination
- Create, manage, and execute data-informed marketing strategies and tactical plans that meet and exceed expectations
- Own all processes and systems related to marketing productivity, reporting and analytics
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to develop necessary internal tools and processes for product launches and updates
- Manage Marcom and Product Marketing teams, develop comprehensive group development plan
Desired Skills And Experience:
- 10+ years highly relevant sector experience: online or mobile gaming, developer tools (analytics, ad tech, etc.) or mobile marketing
- Proven track record of establishing, growing and retaining developer audiences leveraging mobile, internet and social media communication channels.
- Experience working across multiple growth generating channels in different regions
- Results-driven with very strong analytical skills to determine effectiveness, ROI, forecasting
- Demonstrable track record of developing strategies and turning them into results
- Experience with freemium business models and customer dynamics
- Superb project management skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactively reaches out to peers and leadership team to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Self-starter who can operate will in a collaborative environment and adapt quickly and effectively to changing business requirements
- Passion and skill for leading and partnering with cross-function teams and internal partners
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team.
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost.
- 20 days of PTO and 10 holidays per year, including your birthday!
- Awesome new office near Union Square.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- Catered breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays, and dinner every evening.
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan.
- Fully paid company-wide getaways and retreats.