Chartboost is the world's largest games only technology platform. We work with thousands of developers around the world and our network has grown to more than 60,000 mobile games. We reach over 300 million global users and drive over 12 billion impressions per month. Chartboost was founded by early employees from the company behind Tap Tap Revenge (acquired by Disney) and our employees come from several leading companies, including Google and Microsoft. We have raised $21M from Sequoia Capital and other investors. We are on fire.
We are passionate in everything we do - we work hard, and give everything we’ve got to make our users love us. We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions. We are product driven. We care about design, our users and their overall experience. Sound like a fit? Come join us, dream big, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming.
About the Job:
The Chartboost platform is about 3 years old and it’s being used by tens of thousands of developers. Chartboost has become a business partner for them, enabling them to focus on making great games. At the same time, Chartboost is an ever-evolving platform with new products launching every year. One of the most significant of these is the Chartboost Network. We have a global inventory of games from game publishers with advertising space to be sold and a group of games-only advertisers who want to place ads within games. Our technology platform helps publishers and advertisers partner together to help grow their businesses.
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with game developers to gather requirements, define product strategy, execute, launch and drive adoption of the Chartboost Network. You will work with a great group of talented engineers and will have the opportunity to interact closely with many different Chartboost teams. This product is global with a tremendous amount of scope and complexity.
- Convert the Chartboost vision into a roadmap of prioritized tasks and projects for the Chartboost Network.
- Drive the day-to-day vision of product features: why, how, when etc.
- Integrate customer feedback and business team feedback into the roadmap and prioritize accordingly.
- Keep communication open and agile and run the weekly meetings and check-ins. Coordinate design, engineering, business and support efforts.
- Create and manage tools that will help the team stay organized and transparent. Own implementation, prove the value of the process and lead the team to adopt new and better systems.
- Understand the trade offs: technical difficulty vs. business value vs. speed. Help the team make decisions around priorities.
- Help us focus on the tasks that will have the biggest impact. Keep us efficient and fast.
- Understand the Chartboost business well enough to help decide what matters and why. Understand what makes Chartboost different and how we make decisions. Understand mobile gaming, in-app commerce, freemium and advertising. Understand the huge and deep value of user experience. Think long term. Be scrappy and at the same time amazing.
- Coordinate with product marketing to train the team and the world about our latest technology, be able to communicate technical product in business terms.
- Resolve conflicts and be a diplomat when necessary.
- Be organized. Help us scale.
- Measure impact after launch and keep improving.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent coding experience
- UX/UI experience. Must have an eye for design.
- Strong understanding of the mobile gaming ecosystem, including game networks.
- Have shipped product in the last 6 months.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to evangelize Chartboost's products internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills and an entrepreneurial drive.
Nice to Have:
- You have worked on a fast-growing product and engineering team. You have lived and learned during this transition.
- You have worked at a gaming company with studios and platform team. You have needed great platform products as a studio engineer.
- You have experienced the tradeoffs of build vs. buy. You have lived how priorities are defined in a gaming company and understand how this leads to prioritization of some platform projects and delays of others, and how this affects the business.
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team.
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost.
- Awesome new office near Union Square.
- 20 days of PTO and 10 holidays per year, including your birthday!
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- Catered breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays, and dinner every evening.
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan.
- Paid company-wide getaways and retreats.