Chartboost is the world's largest games only technology platform. We work with thousands of developers around the world and our network has grown to more than 60,000 mobile games. We reach 300 million users across more than 150 countries and drive billions of impressions per month. Chartboost was founded by early employees from the company behind Tap Tap Revenge (acquired by Disney) and our employees come from several leading companies, including Google and Microsoft. We have raised $21M from Sequoia Capital and other investors. We are on fire.
We are passionate in everything we do - we work hard, and give everything we’ve got to make our users love us. We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions. We are product driven. We care about design, our users and their overall experience. Sound like a fit? Come join us, dream big, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming.
About the Job:
- We deal with an extraordinary amount of traffic, our platform encompasses everything from API calls to servicing a real-time dashboard to delivering ads to mobile games.
- We are looking for someone with energy to take our mission-critical infrastructure to the next level. This system will be responsible for provisioning, load balancing, service hosting and uptime, monitoring, alerting and everything else we aren’t doing now that you tell us we should be doing.
- You are looking for the opportunity to work in a complex, high traffic system and be given the the freedom to create this system the “right way”. We really want this role to “own” this side of our platform and build and be responsible for making our platform awesome and reliable.
- Take personal responsibility and ownership for the availability and reliability of our service.
- Maintain an automated cloud deployment and configuration system with available tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Save the company a lot of money on infrastructure costs, especially as we continue to grow month over month.
- Be able to write code and author tools that the entire team can understand. We are a tight engineering team that wants to continue working closely together and we want you to be part of this team.
- Build out a robust system to auto-scale our platform and work closely with our engineering team to diagnose how to build this, how to manage this and what triggers to measure.
- Own our server image configurations, collaborating with our core engineers to optimize for task performance, reliability, service requirements, failover and scale.
- Build better systems for measuring things. We have a constantly evolving platform and a culture of engineering that is always tweaking and making improvements. We want to have better procedures and systems in place to measure these things.
- You just read the description above and can’t wait to start. You’ve been itching to own the operations side of a company of our scale and this sounds like an awesome opportunity.
- You are proactive about everything. We want people who are smarter than us, building a system that is far better than anything we can do ourselves. You are the kind of person that looks for things to make better and you can work independently.
- You are willing to “carry the pager” but you are also striving to build such a kick-ass system that you never need the pager.
- You’ve worked in system of scale before with lots of servers (50+), lots of moving parts and a complicated infrastructure (meaning different languages, services, protocols, etc).
- You can code. (At least a little)
- You are familiar and have experience working on the AWS platform.
- You’ve worked with MongoDB, especially the scaling side, replica sets, sharding, memory footprint and monitoring.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement.
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, or whatever)
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team.
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost.
- Awesome office space in the heart of SOMA.
- 20 days of PTO and 10 holidays per year, including your birthday!
- Free comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- Free breakfast on Mondays, free lunch on Tuesdays and free dinner every evening.
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan.
- Paid company-wide getaways and retreats.