Chango is a successful, rapidly growing venture backed company, with growing offices in San Francisco, New York and Toronto. Chango is changing the way advertisers buy display media, allowing advertisers to speak directly to consumers based on their recent searches on Google, Yahoo!, and Bing among others.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most innovative companies in Toronto, and Canada's fastest growing startup (Profitguide.com 2013 Hot 50). We are growing rapidly to exceed the needs of our impressive client base, including major, well known retailers and internationally recognized agencies in the US and Canada.
Does the idea of working on an infrastructure that supports over 450,000 requests/second sound exciting?
We are looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our Infrastructure Engineering team, to be based in our Toronto office. The ideal candidate should be excited to join one of Canada’s leading start-ups and be motivated by the challenges of pushing the borders of web technology.
Our infrastructure is based on Python, Erlang, C and Go and all managed through Puppet.
- High energy and enthusiasm to work on the next big thing in Ad Technology
- Live and breath Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Experience with Python (and Django) installations
- Experience with Puppet (or similar configuration systems)
- Experience with Mac OS X (on the desktop)
- Familiarity with C/C++, Go, Erlang, Ruby, or Java is a nice plus
- Familiarity with Security tools and best-practices
- Familiarity with BuildBot (or other continuous integration tools)
- Familiarity with Content Distribution Networks (such as Akamai)
- Familiarity with implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability
You will be working in an agile environment, collaborating with our engineering team and other Systems Engineers to enhance, support and maintain the systems.
This will require a combination of research and development of new systems, managing Linux systems, networks, and associated hardware and software, and maintenance / support activities.
This role will make the most of your solid knowledge and experience across the full stack of data centre and application technologies including: Linux (Ubuntu, and CentOS), Apache, Memcached / CouchBase, PostgresSQL, Postfix, IPTables, IPVS load balancing, VRRP, collectd, keepalived, shell scripting, Nagios, Graphite, Munin, Xen virtualisation, and IP networking (layer 2/3 switching/routing, policy based routing, etc). Our daily toolkit includes Python, Puppet, and Mercurial.
You will be embedded in the engineering team: attending iteration meetings, collecting requirements for to the Infrastructure team, participating in root-cause analysis and iteration retrospectives.