Chango is looking for an outstanding and highly skilled database administrator / database architect who is interested in joining our Systems Engineering team. This person would ideally have experience Relational and Column Oriented Databases (including the Vertica Analytics Platform, and PostgresSQL). The role requires both knowledge of existing database management tools and the ability to deal with terabytes of data. The position extends beyond working on our relational databases to our MapReduce cluster, and NoSQL databases.
Chango is a successful, rapidly growing venture backed company, with growing offices in San Francisco, New York and Toronto. Chango is changing the way advertisers buy display media, allowing advertisers to speak directly to consumers based on their recent searches on Google, Yahoo!, and Bing among others.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most innovative companies in Toronto, and Canada's fastest growing startup (profitguide.com 2013 Hot 50). We are growing rapidly to exceed the needs of our impressive client base, including major, well known retailers and internationally recognized agencies in the US and Canada.
- Perform database administration on our Vertica and PostgresSQL clusters.
- Write code to perform maintenance, backup, and other required tasks.
- Diagnose performance (and other) issues and devise solutions.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to other teams in the company.
- Participate in design and implementation of highly scalable ETL solutions.
- Integrate data from our NoSQL databases and MapReduce cluster with our relational databases.
- Design Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Projections.
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Database Administration
- Experience with the Vertica Analytics Platform is a huge plus
- Experience with clusters of PostgresSQL, GreenPlum, or MySQL is required
- Experience with ODBC, JDBC, and other connectivity technologies on Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Experience with Business Intelligence Software integration is a huge plus
- Familiarity with MapReduce systems such as Hadoop or Disco and related technologies (Hive, Pig)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as Redis
- Strong programming skills in Python, PERL, Ruby, or C / C++
- Experience with UNIX environments (Linux, OS X)
- Competitive salary, company paid benefits, stock options ad three weeks vacation