ChallengePost is looking for an outstanding product manager with a proven track record.
We are a platform for developers to showcase what they're building, and to learn and be inspired by the work of others. Organizations run online and in-person hackathons to market their tools and initiatives to developers. We power most of the hackathons in the world, and have great customers including Oculus, Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Twilio, Venmo, IBM, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and hundreds others including most US federal government agencies.
We are fortunate that we do both well and good, meaning we have a great business and make an impact. We have a superb team and culture centered around continuous improvement. Our employees are empowered to take ownership and make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. Our mission -- to celebrate and inspire hackers -- is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
In this role you will:
- Have day-to-day responsibility for developing the product experience of Software Makers and Challenge Posters on our web platform (we are a two-sided marketplace with Challenge Posters who create challenges/hackathons, and Software Makers who respond to them)
- Work closely with our CEO and business stakeholders, our other product manager, and our users and customers to understand how to best maximize business value through our product
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics
- Build features from scratch, including the conceptual work, sketching, and wireframing
- Work closely with our development team and QA to shepherd work to completion and further iteration
- You have at least 3 years Product Management experience
- You’re passionate about delighting users by creating a wonderful product experience
- You are a highly productive problem-solver
- You are both data-driven and creative
- You work well with teams and are an excellent communicator
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience working on an Agile team (we deploy to production multiple times per week)
- Familiarity with what motivates software developers, given our business focus
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our offices are in the meatpacking district.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- High-quality Benefits
- No vacation policy (that means time off whenever you want it)
In your cover letter, tell us:
- What work best exemplifies what you can do? Please add links to a portfolio or live sites that you were involved with.
- Why you might be uniquely qualified for this job