Devpost is the home for hackers. We’re a platform that lets developers showcase what they’re building, learn new skills, and get inspired by the work of their peers. Organizations run online and in-person hackathons to market their tools and initiatives to our active developer community. Our awesome clients include Oculus, Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Twilio, Venmo, IBM, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and many governmental organizations like the USDA and 18F.
Developers consider us their go-to channel for discovering and competing in the world’s best hackathons, and for meeting and collaborating with other hackers. The global market for new software and its makers is exploding, and we’re uniquely positioned to provide developers with a platform for the things that really matter to them: personal growth, community, and professional opportunity.
Our culture is centered around a close relationship with our community, and a dedication to continuously improving our platform to meet their needs. Our employees are empowered to explore and take ownership of their own initiatives, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. Our goal -- to celebrate and inspire hackers -- is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
In this role you will:
- Have day-to-day responsibility for developing the product experience of Software Makers and Challenge Posters on our web platform (we are a two-sided marketplace with Challenge Posters who create challenges/hackathons, and Software Makers who respond to them)
- Work closely with our CEO and business stakeholders, our other product manager, and our users and customers to understand how to best maximize business value through our product
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics
- Build features from scratch, including the conceptual work, sketching, and wireframing
- Work closely with our development team and QA to shepherd work to completion and further iteration
- You have at least 3 years Product Management experience
- You’re passionate about delighting users by creating a wonderful product experience
- You are a highly productive problem-solver
- You are both data-driven and creative
- You work well with teams and are an excellent communicator
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience working on an Agile team (we deploy to production multiple times per week)
- Familiarity with what motivates software developers, given our business focus
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our offices are in the meatpacking district.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- High-quality Benefits
- No vacation policy (that means time off whenever you want it)
In your cover letter, tell us:
- What work best exemplifies what you can do? Please add links to a portfolio or live sites that you were involved with.
- Why you might be uniquely qualified for this job