We face exciting challenges every day due to the demands of our growing audience and the 24/7 news cycle. Business Insider is the largest business news publication in the U.S. and Australia, as measured by monthly unique visitors. Nearly 50 million people read BI every month, globally, so your hard work will reach the masses. The tech team is a close team that works hard and has fun.
- Implement interfaces and web pages based on front-end guidelines
- Work across desktop and mobile platforms
- Look for ways to evolve the user experience in the form of smart design solutions and new user interactions
- Work collaboratively with tech, product, and engineering teams to ensure concepts are delivered accordingly
- Online portfolio that showcases 3+ years of digital design / front-end experience
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator proficiency
- Exceptional understanding of HTML, CSS
- Experience using Bootstrap; knowledge of Less and/or Sass
- Fundamental understanding of GUI design and intuitive navigation schemes
- Detail-oriented and have a passion for writing clean, well-documented markup
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to keep abreast of innovative design trends and technologies
- Strong understanding of mobile
- Strong ping pong skills
- Active accounts on Codepen, Dribbble, Behance, Github, Twitter, etc.
- Open source development projects
- Experience using GIT or similar version control system
- Responsive design experience
- Experience with Angular, Knockout.js
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A/B testing experience
- Agile experience
This role is based in our New York office on Fifth Avenue. We offer a competitive salary and good benefits. Please apply online and let us know why you're a good fit for the role.