Rafter, Inc. the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $300m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials.
This position will play a key role in monthly financial reporting, forecasting & budgeting, scenario planning and long-term projections, metrics & dashboarding, and financial operations. The position reports to the Sr. Director, Inventory & FP&A.
- Own the rhythm around monthly forecasting, process flow, and templates
- Prepare, review and distribute month-end financial reports to management and department heads
- Assist in preparation of monthly consolidation and forecast package to investors and Board
- Assist in scenario planning, what-if analyses, and simulations around inventory financing and cash
- Drive interface between financial systems and the final product; Monitor and QA data feeds to financial systems
- Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyze fluctuation
- Field questions related to operating expense and capital expense spending vs Plan
- Prepare quarterly operating reports
- Drive metrics and dashboards for lines of business
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferably in Finance, Math, Accounting or Economics
- Minimum of 4-years’ experience in reporting, forecasting, consolidation, financial analysis, and systems
- Experience with public company close and investor reporting rhythm on FP&A team; Start-up environment a plus
- Working knowledge of accounting/ GAAP
- Advanced practical knowledge of Excel required
- Fluency with financial ERP systems. Experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Planning or like systems a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented with strong ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and follow-through to completion
- Rabid curiosity to learn and fearless about asking questions
- Proactive and take charge personality; ability to go mile deep in the numbers to address root cause/ variances
- Must work well with others in fast-paced, fast-changing environment
This position offers competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students.
Rafter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
“Veterans of the United States Armed Forces are encouraged to apply. Thank you for your service.”